I shoot sitting down.

Comment

I'm fine with either!

Comment

Sitting down works for me.

Comment

Sit

Comment

It just depends, I do like to stand the first hour in the morning, last year in Kansas I was in a ladder stand, deer came in behind me, had to stand and turn 180 to get a shot. If I am in a Gametamer I mostly sit but will stand a few times just to stretch.

Comment

Been so long since I had a shot I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                  I sit and wait then stand up to shoot
                  same here....I have had 6 knee surgeries so I cant stand for long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                    Majority of the time I stand. Especially when I know the most active times of the day.
                    This^^^^

Comment

At my age "74" it is better to sit and shoot from a sitting position if possible. You can stand for the shot, but it can cause more movement than a deer will put up with. I use the "Gametaimer" stands and it is very good for sitting shots.

Comment

Stand

Comment

I'll let you know when I finally get the opprotunity to take a shot at something significant from a tree stand.

Actually have only sat in a ladder stand a hand full of times. I did take a few shots on rabbits while I was sitting; so I suppose that counts. With a ladder stand, I think I'd be inclined to sit more and not move if I didn't have to. Standing up on a ladder stand moves your body away from the tree. On a hang-on stand, I would probably stand most of the time and sit to rest my legs a bit. Standing up on those don't push you away from the tree so much.

On a tripod, or at least the tripod I have which is just a chair on the top of three poles... I will stay seated for sure.

Comment

If I can stand up without spooking an animal, I will, but I have shot a lot of deer sitting down with a bow. I practice both.

Comment

I'd prefer to stand, but every deer I've shot out of a stand has been sitting or crouching to get the shot off. Probably means I need to practice shooting from a chair more often!

Comment

If I stood, I might fall out of the stand when I start napping.

Comment

Working...
                                X