No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience is leave the bike at home, during season., carrying a pack on a bike just doesn't seem worth it to me unless I had a bike trailer to haul my gear, but I prefer to just hike in and hike out the bike is faster but louder and makes you sweat more I'd say ands heavy pack mixed in can hurt the rear end lol

Comment

It's just too much for me to bike the 3plus miles of hills, bow, bag,stand, unless you have a bike trailer I would hike.

Comment

Depends on the place a bike may be easier. But just secure pack to stand securely and go for it .

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
          It's just too much for me to bike the 3plus miles of hills, bow, bag,stand, unless you have a bike trailer I would hike.
          I recall one time I WISHED I'd had a bike out there. You ever drag a deer 1.5 miles? It SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
            Yeah that's what happens when you get on that Facebook thing! They all seem to take a knee!

We all know Dmack was going to shoot a spike anyways!! lol
            I thought Dmack was always on his knees?

Wheres he been? Used this thread to get P & Y status in record time and haven't seen him in a while.

Comment

I've bike in hundreds of times. Buy the kiddy cart that Walmart and Academy sell that attach to the rear axle and use a few bungee cords on the stand and back pack and its good.

The secret is the Bike. Buy a cheap one and it not easy, Buy a good one and its a lot easier.

I've been through three bikes and three rear wheels on each of them. Even the really good bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                I recall one time I WISHED I'd had a bike out there. You ever drag a deer 1.5 miles? It SUCKS.
                Yes I have a couple or more times and so has Brad, And it sucks!

Comment

I figured the trailer was the only way to go, then do you chain your bike up or just hide itin brush? I've done both in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                    I figured the trailer was the only way to go, then do you chain your bike up or just hide itin brush? I've done both in the past.
                    I cable lock the bike frame and wheels and trailer to a nice size tree hiddin in the brush always.

Comment

Forest Hunter, you Hunting Saturday?

Comment

Yeah that's what happens when you get on that Facebook thing! They all seem to take a knee!

We all know Dmack was going to shoot a spike anyways!! lol
                        Well you know dmack is always on at least one knee. Usually both.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          I thought Dmack was always on his knees?

Wheres he been? Used this thread to get P & Y status in record time and haven't seen him in a while.
                          Ha! Just got to your post. Great minds think alike.

Comment

[QUOTE=NF HUNTER;12767452]Forest Hunter, you Hunting Saturday?[/QUOTE

NF hunter, Im gearing up to go the Sam today and planning on staying through the weekend.

Comment

[quote=forest-hunter;12767795]
                              Forest Hunter, you Hunting Saturday?[/QUOTE

NF hunter, Im gearing up to go the Sam today and planning on staying through the weekend.
                              Great, maybe we'll get to meet you at the Luncheon?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                Ha! Just got to your post. Great minds think alike.
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X