New EZ-HITCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New EZ-HITCH

I have long ago gotten tired of wrestling with implements while trying to hook them up to a conventional three point hitch. I've sweated and cussed, pinched my fingers, skinned my knuckles, and hurt my pride. I went in search of a better solution, and thought I had found it in the Field Tuff Universal Fast Hitch system.
    Attached Files

That or a quick hitch, it hooks to the top link and 3 point arms

Comment

I was wrong. Oh, they worked, after a fashion. They made hooking and unhooking a breeze and I was totally satisfied until I wasn't ! They don't last. The first set broke a roll pin, and a spring, and I was on the back 40 mowing. Limped it back to the house, bought another set (because parts come on a slow boat from China) and installed them. Less than a year later, I've sheared another pin, broke a spring and I was down again. I was in the middle of preparing a plot 100 miles from home. Put a sheet metal screw in place of the roll pin, wired the hook shut and continued on.

When I got back home I searched the web for something better. I watched several video reviews of different hitches, was about to buy the frame style, (until I realized you lose the top link adjustment) when I found this set of hitches. Carter&Sons EZ-HITCH. This ain't Chinese cast junk ! This is real steel and has a lifetime warranty. Now, I haven't used them yet, just pinned them on my tractor this evening, but I can't see any downside. The others, including the Pat's Quick Change set your implement back 5"/6" farther than normal. This makes the front end come off the ground in places that you don't want it to ! It also plays hell with the drive line on my seeder. The Carter's EZ-HITCH restores the original spacing between your tractor and the implement, just sets it up a little higher, which I like. I have no dog in this race, except I like to get the word out on a good product so others can benefit if they choose to.
      Attached Files

Comment

So......if anyone wants the two sets of Field Tuff hitches, plus spare parts it took over three months to get. You can have them for the shipping. Otherwise, they're going to the junk pile !

Comment

You still use your normal top link?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            You still use your normal top link?
            Yes I do, and I think this is gonna be a much better setup. Before, I couldn't let my seeder down far at all for fear my PTO shaft would come apart, and I had to lift the seed and fertilizer up about shoulder high to pour it in. That got old when I was putting out 1,000 lb. of it. My spray rig barely had enough hose for the pump to hook up to the tractor PTO. Yep, gonna be better all around I hope.

Comment

I forgot to ask where you got them from. I also have problems with my broadcaster shaft hitting my draw bar, I like to keep my broadcaster as low as possible when spreading small lighter seed.

Comment

I'm interested in place of purchase also. Been looking for a setup like this.

Comment

Here you go.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interested in results and place of purchase

Comment

I’ve used those for a few years now. Easy to hook up implements and very robust.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        I forgot to ask where you got them from. I also have problems with my broadcaster shaft hitting my draw bar, I like to keep my broadcaster as low as possible when spreading small lighter seed.
                        Hey Radar, my tractor has a pin system on the drawbar. You can pull a pin and move it left or right so the shafts won't hit. Maybe yours isn't built like that?
                        I have run into that problem on a couple of implements and had to move it out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          So......if anyone wants the two sets of Field Tuff hitches, plus spare parts it took over three months to get. You can have them for the shipping. Otherwise, they're going to the junk pile !
                          I don't change implements often but when I do they are a pain. Would be interested in your left over hitch to see if it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                            I don't change implements often but when I do they are a pain. Would be interested in your left over hitch to see if it works for me.
                            Send me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                              Hey Radar, my tractor has a pin system on the drawbar. You can pull a pin and move it left or right so the shafts won't hit. Maybe yours isn't built like that?
                              I have run into that problem on a couple of implements and had to move it out of the way.
                              On my old IH 574 I could do that, but my MF 476 wont. It is aggravating at times. I am gonna take the measurements of my lift arms today and call them. I have a Woods brand Brush Buster shredder that kills me hooking it up, its a heck of a shredder but boy howdy, its a killer getting it aligned up. Especially when its a 100 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                              X