No announcement yet.

Ever seen a rattlesnake climb a tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly, timber rattlesnakes spend a lot of their time in trees preying on squirrels and birds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That explains some of the snake sheds I've been finding on the property.

Comment

walked under a magnolia limb as a kid right next to the fish hatchery in Jasper, there were 2 six footers on the lowest branches just stretched out,,, mom walked down to the canal to check on me and saw the snakes and started freaking out,, i was ready to take them on with my daisy bb gun but she wouldn't let me get close enough! (i stayed mad about that for years!) i told her that's what the gun was for so i could shoot stuff with it!

Comment

great picture T Bar!

Comment

At our old lease, we dug several out of a den (old covered well with a big steel plate at the bottom). I was using a shovel to get one to move. So we could shoot it. It started crawling up the shovel, quickly.

Im pretty sure it ended up in a tree when I flung the shovel like a javelin. We got it down with a 22 shortly after that.

Comment

This happened over in my neck of the woods. The truth came out and the rattlesnake did not fall into the kayak. It was on the edge of the water and the guy picked it up, his cousin said that they did not know it was a poisonous snake. They kept it to show the hospital.

Comment

Here's one Ronnie had in Cotulla years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  I have seen them in mesquite trees several times.
                  same here, but only mesquite trees, never any other type of tree

Comment

watched one swim across the middle bosque river and climb straight up a shear limestone cliff when I was growing up. We where fishing and threw rocks at it until we knocked it off. Snagged it with a top water lure when it fell back in the river. It was a good size one. A little over 5 feet. I was really surprised at how fast it could swim

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                      watched one swim across the middle bosque river and climb straight up a shear limestone cliff when I was growing up. We where fishing and threw rocks at it until we knocked it off. Snagged it with a top water lure when it fell back in the river. It was a good size one. A little over 5 feet. I was really surprised at how fast it could swim
                      Begging the question: what did you do with it after you snagged it with the top-water lure?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Begging the question: what did you do with it after you snagged it with the top-water lure?
                        killed it with some rocks.

Comment

Working...
                        X