Wrist or finger slings on a recurve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrist or finger slings on a recurve?

Any of y'all use one? I noticed a couple of really good shooters this weekend had wrist slings on their recurves. (I think they were home made - not the kind that screw into a stabilizer insert.) Almost all barebow/olympic target archers use a wrist sling - or more commonly a finger sling. It got me thinking about how I always used a wrist sling in my compound days because it allowed me to shoot with a relaxed open hand. Any of y'all try this on a recurve? If it significantly improved my shooting by eliminating torqueing the bow hand, it might be worth the PIA of taking off/putting on between shots.

I don't like finger slings. It's like wearing chinese handcuffs. LOL

I much prefer a wrist sling, but I only use it for training, or refresher training when my grip has gone south.

It really don't take a lot to hold a bow. A loose thumb & forefinger will do the trick just fine, and if you're doing it that way you won't need a sling, you won't torque the bow, and you won't drop it.

Rick

Comment

Finger slings are a PITA!!!!! A wrist sling would be OK.

Like Rick said, it only takes touching one finger to your thumb to keep from dropping the bow.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was working on my grip yesterday and had my bow jump out of my hand. First time for that. Still think I would pass on any sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Neither for me. I dont even like any sling on my compound.

Comment

I use a finger sling. I don't have any problems with it. I curl all of my fingers under except my index. I see a lot of people that would benefit from one, they are white knuckling the bow.
            Ron

Comment

Working...
            X