No announcement yet.

Poison ivy/oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot shower! When I would get it when I was younger, my dad would smother me in mustard. No idea but the itch quit. Just make sure you do not get any mustard in your ear. you will be tasting it for a week

Comment

Getting in the Ocean cures mine... If you can figure out the salt to water ratio of the ocean water then put in a tub it would cure it! I just happen to have it the last 2 times I was at the beach and it dried it up both times.

Comment

"Leaves of three, let it be."

Comment

Has anyone ever seen poison ivy in the hill country? Been thinking about it and I don't think I have.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
            Has anyone ever seen poison ivy in the hill country? Been thinking about it and I don't think I have.
            Uh yes !!
            We have plenty around the farm near boerne, as a matter of fact I am thinking of throwing out a pair of shoes because I had to wade through some poison ivy today

Comment

HOT shower, as hot as you can possibly stand. This helped me and eventually got rid of it after a couple of days of doing this.

Comment

I can't do steroid shots, so I try to prevent getting it as much as possible. After working around it, I use Dawn dish soap to get the oils off asap. This has seemed to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                  Hot shower! When I would get it when I was younger, my dad would smother me in mustard. No idea but the itch quit. Just make sure you do not get any mustard in your ear. you will be tasting it for a week
                  What??????!!?!

Comment

Dr tinctures mouth wash from walgreens. Put it on full strength no diluting. Also talk to your doc about getting a yearly vaccine. Im a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                      What??????!!?!
                      Next time you are with some buddies and one passes out, put some in their ear. They will hate you for awhile.

Comment

Last edited by pafdrn; 04-27-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I dont know the name of it but i got it from a doctor in palestine named allen smith, he was my family doc. I am highly allergic and after a 3 round series of shots every spring i never got ot again... Until i moved and quit getting the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                            I can't do steroid shots, so I try to prevent getting it as much as possible. After working around it, I use Dawn dish soap to get the oils off asap. This has seemed to help me.
                            Dawn soap always works for me too.

Comment

Dr will probably give another injection then put you on Prednisone. It makes me not sleep and I’m guessing feel like a meth head. I’ll get up at 2a and be doing kitchen chores

Comment

scrub it till it bleeds and spray it with some carb cleaner. It will be gone in 2 days.

then put some mustard in your ear

Comment

Working...
                                X