Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone send in a Taurus pistol under the class action???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone send in a Taurus pistol under the class action???

Has anyone sent in a pistol for repair/replacement under the Taurus class action settlement? I have one that qualifies that I'm about to mail off and was just curious how your experience was.

Did they replace or repair?

How long did it take?

I don't have FFL dealer within 200 miles so they told me that if they end up replacing they will send it to Boerne and I will have to pick up from there. It takes "a few months" to get a closer dealer added to their list according to the rep I spoke to then I called. I wonder if it is possible to have the dealer they ship to, turn around and ship (on my dime) to another FFL up in the Dallas area?

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks!

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Has anyone sent in a pistol for repair/replacement under the Taurus class action settlement? I have one that qualifies that I'm about to mail off and was just curious how your experience was.

Did they replace or repair?

How long did it take?

I don't have FFL dealer within 200 miles so they told me that if they end up replacing they will send it to Boerne and I will have to pick up from there. It takes "a few months" to get a closer dealer added to their list according to the rep I spoke to then I called. I wonder if it is possible to have the dealer they ship to, turn around and ship (on my dime) to another FFL up in the Dallas area?

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks!
    What’s up with Tarus? I’ve got a .380 Tarus. Are the .380’s involved in something?

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
      What’s up with Tarus? I’ve got a .380 Tarus. Are the .380’s involved in something?
      You'd to go on the website and check the serial number.

Comment

FFL within 200 miles????

I call bull butter on that. Burleson is closer than that, I know of 5 FFL’s in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
          FFL within 200 miles????

I call bull butter on that. Burleson is closer than that, I know of 5 FFL’s in town.
          Exactly... but they aren't on the list that they've approved...

Comment

I think i would sell it and apply the money to something else....

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              I think i would sell it and apply the money to something else....
              Great idea... except the gun is defective and unsafe if dropped while loaded so no... that gun went in the safe as soon as the recall hit and hasn't been loaded since. I've already replaced it out of my own pocket while waiting for the settlement. I might as well get it replaced with a new one...

Comment

I sent in a millennium 140 and they replaced it with a G2 9mm. They called and asked me if I would like it sent to an FFL closer to me. Had it shipped right down the road from me. They are replacing all of the guns is what they told me. It took about 4 months to get it from the time I shipped it to them to the time I got it. I thought the deadline was over to send them in though. The G2 seems like a decent pistol though.

Comment

Originally posted by papabearclif View Post
                  I sent in a millennium 140 and they replaced it with a G2 9mm. They called and asked me if I would like it sent to an FFL closer to me. Had it shipped right down the road from me. They are replacing all of the guns is what they told me. It took about 4 months to get it from the time I shipped it to them to the time I got it. I thought the deadline was over to send them in though. The G2 seems like a decent pistol though.
                  The deadline to send in for cash payment is over. The enhanced warranty extension as part of the settlement is still open until further notice.

And thanks. I was hoping someone would have had an experience like that.

Comment

Do they are trying to tell you that they don’t have an approved FFL within 200 miles of one of the largest metroplex areas in the nation.

My BS meter is pegging really high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just completed and downloaded all the forms to send mine in also. My millennium has been junk since I bought it 10 years ago. It has just been collecting dust in the safe, because it is unreliable and finicky. I had forgot about the lawsuit until reading this thread.

Hope the return and subsequent repair/replacement go smooth.

Jenn... let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Do they are trying to tell you that they don’t have an approved FFL within 200 miles of one of the largest metroplex areas in the nation.

My BS meter is pegging really high.

Apparently not a lot if people in Texas have requested that they add more because there are only 2 in the state of Texas on their list at this time and bot are near San Antonio. They said the paperwork can be sent in and more FFLs added but it takes "a few months" to get them added.

Comment

Apparently not a lot if people in Texas have requested that they add more because there are only 2 in the state of Texas on their list at this time and bot are near San Antonio. They said the paperwork can be sent in and more FFLs added but it takes "a few months" to get them added.

I just don’t see a lot of enthusiasm on their part to take care of you. It’s should take a matter of minutes to get a local FFL on file.

Personally I’d write the gun off as a loss and lesson learned, especially since you’ve already bought its replacement (hopefully not another Taurus [emoji12]).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            I just don’t see a lot of enthusiasm on their part to take care of you. It’s should take a matter of minutes to get a local FFL on file.

Personally I’d write the gun off as a loss and lesson learned, especially since you’ve already bought its replacement (hopefully not another Taurus [emoji12]).

The problem is that it isn't Taurus saying that. It's the settlement administrator for the court. I'm betting Taurus will do like was mentioned above and call me for someone closer. It will also be on the paperwork I have to include with my contact information.

Comment

The problem is that it isn't Taurus saying that. It's the settlement administrator for the court. I'm betting Taurus will do like was mentioned above and call me for someone closer. It will also be on the paperwork I have to include with my contact information.

Ah, missed that part.

I bet Taurus will take care of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X