Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good season, can't deny that. When it came to the playoffs, the Sox were hungry and gave it all they had.

Go stros'! Can't wait for next season.....

Comment

Last edited by bows08; 10-19-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Great year Astros. Nothing wrong with being beaten by a better team. That’s why they play the games.

Comment

Great season. The end was disappointing but sort of went like the majority of the season. Lots of good streaks and then a bad one here and there that would be 3-4 games in a row. We hit a bad streak in the ALCS and was compounded by pitching issues.

Geaux Astros 2019

Comment

IMO once you make it to the Championship Series it takes perfection and a little luck to make it to the World Series. Anything can and often does happen in the Championship Series. I think the Astros were worn out and the Red Sox were peaking, very similar to last year where the Astros seemed to hit an extra gear in the post season. Maybe it was cause of Harvey or they were just hungry and had something to prove. There is a reason why no team has repeated since the NYY from 98-00. Boston had something to prove, they had the best record in baseball and they needed to go through the defending Champions to get to the Fall Classic. It was a great season by the Astros and they will be top contenders next year again.

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
              After reflecting on it, I have to say y'all are correct. I was beyond disappointed and quite frankly mad last night. I let that get to me and left frustrated. I should have supported through the end and been thankful that they even got to this point in the playoffs. So much better than the 100 loss seasons. Thanks for chastising me and putting my head on straight, I deserved it.

Comment

I have a dilemma.. i like Cora.. but policy dictates i dont root for the team that beat the team i cheer for... but i hate the dodgers ... also.. i might be out of beer

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  I have a dilemma.. i like Cora.. but policy dictates i dont root for the team that beat the team i cheer for... but i hate the dodgers ... also.. i might be out of beer
                  I'll be pulling for the Sox. I hate anything LA or NY when it comes to sports, and since Bud Selig is one of the Brewers Owners I can't support his team. I have never had bad feeling towards the Red Sox, IMO they play hardnosed baseball and this year they proved how good of a team they can be.

So for the next couple weeks....GO SOX!

Comment

I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                      I'll be pulling for the Sox. I hate anything LA or NY when it comes to sports, and since Bud Selig is one of the Brewers Owners I can't support his team. I have never had bad feeling towards the Red Sox, IMO they play hardnosed baseball and this year they proved how good of a team they can be.

So for the next couple weeks....GO SOX!
                      Always been a Redsox fan after the Astros. Cora is a great coach too. Great season by the Stros, just not the magic of last year. Even the crowd was not the same intensity these last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Did something bad happen??

Just can't help myself sometimes. Nice season by Astro's. Congrats.
                        Love it

Comment

Some folks really don't understand how hard it is to win a championship or to repeat. It takes skill, players healthy and a lot of luck and calls to go your way not to mention being hot at the right time. Who would have thought Maldonado would have the blunders he did or the pitching fading or some of the best hitters slumping. It's baseball and it happens. Everything has to go right and it did for the Red Sox this series. Sox played great and I think they beat the dodgers in 5 games. Tip your hat to them, make a few moves and compete again next year.

Comment

I am just the opposite anyone who beats my team I want to move forward and do well.

Except for Bama and any team from the Left Coast..... LMAO

Comment

Well I am disappointed...

I am disappointed for the players. I can honestly say that I have watched more Astros basesball this year than any other year. I've followed them before, sure - but mainly the box score, been to a few games in past years, but this year, felt the most connected to what is actually goin on in the game, etc just because I watched more innings this year than ever before.

So I am bummed for the team. The injuries and the mid season slump caught back up to them. Nobody who watched them throughout the season should be all too surprised. They were better on the road than at home. We had more than a couple terrible series against teams that were above .500. Home field advantage really meant nothing.

You know there is something about watching Altuve limp around the bases that kinda puts a damper on things... You kinda hoped that injury was behind him... I am sure it affected the team as well. Margo bouncing off the Green Giant just served as a reminder of how keeping healthy is too darn important. Corea... well.. clearly not 100%. Was weird seeing Yuli in such a slump and move around the lineup. The Machette was fun to watch when he'd pick somebody off... but not having McCann be healthy enough to be able to leverage his experience in those tight situations... well...

When folks said "they don't look like they want to win!"... well that kinda burns me a bit. Baseball is a game of managing stress... and there was a lot of stress on that team that you really just can't see from watching the post season. Nagging injuries... which caused a drastic yo-yo in team chemistry throughout the season does eventually catch up to you.

Comment

Well I am disappointed...

I am disappointed for the players. I can honestly say that I have watched more Astros basesball this year than any other year. I've followed them before, sure - but mainly the box score, been to a few games in past years, but this year, felt the most connected to what is actually goin on in the game, etc just because I watched more innings this year than ever before.

So I am bummed for the team. The injuries and the mid season slump caught back up to them. Nobody who watched them throughout the season should be all too surprised. They were better on the road than at home. We had more than a couple terrible series against teams that were above .500. Home field advantage really meant nothing.

You know there is something about watching Altuve limp around the bases that kinda puts a damper on things... You kinda hoped that injury was behind him... I am sure it affected the team as well. Margo bouncing off the Green Giant just served as a reminder of how keeping healthy is too darn important. Corea... well.. clearly not 100%. Was weird seeing Yuli in such a slump and move around the lineup. The Machette was fun to watch when he'd pick somebody off... but not having McCann be healthy enough to be able to leverage his experience in those tight situations... well...

When folks said "they don't look like they want to win!"... well that kinda burns me a bit. Baseball is a game of managing stress... and there was a lot of stress on that team that you really just can't see from watching the post season. Nagging injuries... which caused a drastic yo-yo in team chemistry throughout the season does eventually catch up to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X