Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, are we caught up on rain yet?

I know I am!.....Im good until 2019!

Not yet. I know this hurts the cotton farmers and is delaying my house build but I am not going to be done until all of our lakes are full and at 15-20% average full levels we need more out here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Even with 9 inches in the last week we still need more. All lakes are full except for a new 25 acre lake.

3 wks or so ago we had 4" of rain. Within 2 days dust was flying and the ground was rock solid. I'll take it for a few more days but like a break here and there. I work outside on the ranch and feeding horses and cattle sucks when it's wet/cold/messy! Has to be done though.

Comment

I will let you know when it gets light enough to check my stock tanks.

Comment

getting better anyway

Comment

It’s not the rain that bothers me but the other drivers on my commute. Scary drive this morning..

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
              Not yet. I know this hurts the cotton farmers and is delaying my house build but I am not going to be done until all of our lakes are full and at 15-20% average full levels we need more out here

Yall can have the rest of mine. If itll dry up for a week I can get 1 more hay cuttin this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Yall can have the rest of mine. If itll dry up for a week I can get 1 more hay cuttin this year!
                Me too. I've needed to get my last cut for a month now. Mine survived the army worms, but the wet ground and rain has prevented me from getting my last cut.

Comment

Those that need it can have it, we have had way too much, it is doing way more harm than good for most of us around here.

Comment

We’ll take all we can get. Lakes still down under 20% in the area.

Comment

I have had enough. Have to move some logging crews around looking for high ground. Probably some folks unhappy before season.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        We’ll take all we can get. Lakes still down under 20% in the area.

We have gotten great rain this September and October but it is a big indicator of how dry we are and were that our lakes are all still under 20% full with the exception of nasworthy they keep at 85-90% for recreation purposes

Comment

When this started I said I'll never complain about the rain in Texas but day-um!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                            I will let you know when it gets light enough to check my stock tanks.
                            Went and checked the stock tanks....texted my lessee and told him he can bring the cattle back....I had him pull them off the middle of August when I was about to run out of water.

Comment

All the folks in west TX that want more can come out here and have it. This is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X