No announcement yet.

Sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Native big forks. Love the frames but the lenses suck and scratch very easily. Looking for something else now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
      Agreed cabelz have saved me a lot of money on sunglasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Agreed. I've had the same two pair of Costas for the last 6 years, largely in part to the Cablez lanyard. Costa came out with their own as well as several other companies, but they're all good and a great $12 investment.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        I'm a raving fan of the natives here..
        Well this was very helpful. Thanks! Sorry it didn't work out.

Comment

I miss my Maui Jims - got them stolen 2 weeks ago. They were a gift. Still have the case and flower bag to mourn over.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
            What do you mean? I have had my lenses replaced by Costa 3 or 4 times. Much cheaper then buying a new pair.
            I fell getting in the boat last year and broke my old ones with my face on the chair in the boat. I sent them to Costa and they told me sorry and I could pay $170.00 to have them fixed... Well I can get 30% off if I get 6 people to join in, so I just did that and got new ones... I'm now on the look out for 6 people that need new shades again, and its much easier to find people in the spring time that need glasses!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Gave up on China made costas a long time ago. They break, if you sneeze hard. Sure the warranty might be good, but it's no fun being without or having to go through the process. Might give KAENON a try. Made in Italy, quality second to none, and a warranty every bit as good as Costa. I own 2 pair, the first pair I ever bought, are now 7 yrs old. They have been sat on, fallin off the car going down the highway, knocked off my head, slung against a wall, and all kinds of hell. I bought a new pair because I got tired of looking at em. Costas, Oakleys, etc..are crap imo, people are just hung up on the name because it's popular. They are the Crafstman of the sunglass world, and Kaenons would be the Snap On of the sunglass world.
              Strictly talking polorized here, for fishing, boating, etc...They don't make glasses that aren't.
              Definitely worth a look, if you want something beyond the norm.
              I switched to Kaenon several years ago when Costa wouldn't warranty a pair of glasses that broke while sitting in their case. They were literally in their case sitting in my truck and a lens cracked.

Couldn't be happier with Kaenon.

Comment

I buy mine in the safety glasses section at Home Depot. $10-$12, impact resistant plastic and almost indestructible. They block sunlight like the $200 ones do.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  I fell getting in the boat last year and broke my old ones with my face on the chair in the boat. I sent them to Costa and they told me sorry and I could pay $170.00 to have them fixed... Well I can get 30% off if I get 6 people to join in, so I just did that and got new ones... I'm now on the look out for 6 people that need new shades again, and its much easier to find people in the spring time that need glasses!
                  I just sent in two pairs of Fathoms, one 580G and another 400P, both were broken by me, frames and lenses. They replaced both with brand new Fathoms with 580G lenses for $211 total, so they upgraded one set of glasses. I’ve been recycling these glasses through their repair program for probably 8 years or more. I couldn’t be happier with Costa and their repair program, especially since I tend to break a pair every other year or so. I’m a lifetime Costa customer.

I have worn the Smith optics and those are really nice glasses, if I ever left Costa I would go with Smith.
                  Last edited by JES; 06-14-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    I buy mine in the safety glasses section at Home Depot. $10-$12, impact resistant plastic and almost indestructible. They block sunlight like the $200 ones do.

Bill have you ever owned a high end pair of sunglasses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                      I just sent in two pairs of Fathoms, one 580G and another 400P, both were broken by me, frames and lenses. They replaced both with brand new Fathoms with 580G lenses for $211 total, so they upgraded one set of glasses. I’ve been recycling these glasses through their repair program for probably 8 years or more. I couldn’t be happier with Costa and their repair program, especially since I tend to break a pair every other year or so. I’m a lifetime Costa customer.

I have worn the Smith optics and those are really nice glasses, if I ever left Costa I would go with Smith.
                      I don't understand this. I only broke the lenses on the ones I had last year, and they wanted $170.00 to fix it. Well I could get the same pair brand new for $210.00 so I just got new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Bill have you ever owned a high end pair of sunglasses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, they made a big difference when I fished. But I’d break or lose them!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          I miss my Maui Jims - got them stolen 2 weeks ago. They were a gift. Still have the case and flower bag to mourn over.
                          I was in Europe last year and got my Costas stolen off my hat in a Paris subway and ended buying a new pair of Maui Jims in Italy. They are okay but I like the Costas better.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                            So all 6 buyers get 30% off of their purchase if we go in together?

Comment

I found a 50% off of my order coupon code "BEST" ..So I ordered two pairs for $45, see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                Agreed. I have had my Smith Caymans for 12 years and I wear them every day!
                                Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                                Check out Smith Optics some time... Great company that has been around a long time.
                                Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
                                I have three pair of Smith Optics, all polarized and love them. I had a problem with the lenses on one pair and sent them back and they replaced them no questions asked.

I have heard good things about Shady Rays though.
                                I've been wearing Smith glasses since the late 90's. They fit great, are durable, and the warranty is amazing. I had a pair of frames that decided to crack after wearing them for 10 years. They sent me a new frame. When they say lifetime, they really mean it. I bought out all the lenses they had for my glasses, since they were discontinued a year or two back. I'm nearly out of lenses. Gonna have to try aftermarket.

I have no idea how folks manage to break so many glasses. Mine last on average about 10 years. I have one pair of frames that I now keep in my travel bag that I bought over 15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X