No announcement yet.

home owners ins rate hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same old story... last few years went from $950 > $1100 > $1250 >$1600. Never filed a claim

Comment

Insurance for lack of a better term is a risk pool...if there was no pool you would not have the option for insurance at all. You would assume the entire risk. So when your 200k house burned down and you still owed 150k on it.....you eat it
      People should Quit whining about something they should appreciate

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
        This is my question......it goes up when they need it to, but will it go down when they don't need it?
        Insurance is legal theft.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Insurance for lack of a better term is a risk pool...if there was no pool you would not have the option for insurance at all. You would assume the entire risk. So when your 200k house burned down and you still owed 150k on it.....you eat it
          You must be an insurance salesman

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Same old story... last few years went from $950 > $1100 > $1250 >$1600. Never filed a claim
            And when you swap they will ask why....

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              Insurance is legal theft.
              SELF INSURE. Why would anyone partake in something they see as an abuse?
              Last edited by flywise; 04-11-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

My homeowner stayed the same, but my auto insurance went up for no **** reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  My homeowner stayed the same, but my auto insurance went up for no **** reason.

There are a million reasons why it went up...Think Houston and floods

Comment

I didn’t file a claim and actually have never filed a auto claim.

It’s a freaking racket.

Comment

SELF INSURE. Why would anyone partake in something they see as an abuse?
                      Bank requires that I have insurance. Not everybody can afford to pay cash for their house, thus borrowing money. So it’s safe to say I can’t afford to self insure either. It’s a matter of you need it, they have it and can charge what they want. At least I can shop around though.

Comment

People whose home didn’t flood shouldn’t be punished.

Comment

I agree.. I dont live in Houston or anywhere near the ocean.

Comment

Bank requires that I have insurance. Not everybody can afford to pay cash for their house, thus borrowing money. So it’s safe to say I can’t afford to self insure either. It’s a matter of you need it, they have it and can charge what they want. At least I can shop around though.
                            " They" have to get approval from the state to increase rates

Comment

Referr back to the above^^^^^

Comment

" They" have to get approval from the state to increase rates
                                And "they" send more money lobbying than any other organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X