Mason County Axis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason County Axis?

If you hunt or have hunted mason county, did you have axis and where are you located? Trying to figure how close they are getting to us. Grandparents own a place right by Camp Air.

I hunted north of Mason about 6 miles towards Fredonia. I never saw an Axis before on our lease but I did see a few on Hwy 29 about 3-4 miles east of town. There was a big Fallow shot on the lease a few years ago

Comment

I hunt next county over, Menard.
      We see Axis 2-3 times each deer season.

Comment

We hunt near Loyal Valley and see them 2-3 times a season but not typically at feeders.

Comment

We have property in Loyal Valley and have seen a couple over the years. Neighbor sees more than we do. We also have some property on the Llano River on Hwy 87 between Mason and Fburg, we have a good herd over there. Shoot 30" bucks every couple years and watch the rest. They are around for sure just depending on where in the county.

Comment

Up

Comment

Hwy 783 between Mason and Doss

Never

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Hwy 783 between Mason and Doss

Never
                We hunt this exact area by the Hilda church. We've had 3 axis sightings. One kill. Haven't seen them in 3 +/- years

Comment

My cousin hunted at the Mason city limits on north side and had them. This was tenish years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                    We hunt this exact area by the Hilda church. We've had 3 axis sightings. One kill. Haven't seen them in 3 +/- years
                    Hilda church is about 2 miles from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Hilda church is about 2 miles from us.
                      Ya it's probably a mile and half from our cabin to the church

Comment

There used to be a herd between the dump and Fort Mason park just outside of town but we hunted next to the airport (little further east) and never saw one.
                        Mason county does not have a significant population of axis deer.

Comment

Seems like the axis Peter out somewhere between Fredericksburg and Mason. Good numbers closer you get towards Fbrg and Harper south...

Comment

Had about 10 of them come my by feeder this year.
                            Menard

Comment

Working...
                            X