Going to Grand isle LA Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading over to Grand isle LA Sunday through Wednesday and will be sitting around as the crew I am bringing over are going on a guided trip. Thinking about bringing rod and reel/tackle. Never been in the area. Done a little research on the area looks like the surf fishing this time of year can be on fire. Anyone have any pointers for the area. Will be by myself if anyone is in the area that wants to hit the beach.

I wish I could be there. You can have a blast in that area and fill your stringer pretty dang quick.

Comment

Lots of big sharks close to the beach in that area. I would stay shallow and keep my stringer pretty loose if you surf fish. Do you have access to any kind of boat? There is a great little marsh on the west end that always holds big reds.

Comment

You could fish this area out of a kayak if you wanted. Don't get out of the boat anywhere in the marsh. There is no bottom. You will sink to your belly in 12 inches of water in most places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm hearing good things about Elmer island which is where my first stop will be. I don't have access to any boat so that is out of the question. Kayak rental is not out of the question though. Thought about doing a charter but must are really high being I will be by myself. Keep the tips coming.

Comment

Talked to a guy yesterday who said they caught 3 limits of trout last Thursday and 4 limits of trout last Friday. Shrimp and Mud minnows under a popping cork by some old camps NNE of the fort. Reds were decent under the birds up against the grass line back in the marsh with shrimp and corks.

Comment

Yakfishin,
              A 12 pack and a little cash go a long way in that part of the world. Hang out around the local bait shops and shake a few hands. Lots of young crabbers and bait guys around there that might be willing to take you fishing for cheap. Used to be a place where you could rent aluminum boats as well. Pretty tough to bank fish around there. Good luck. We used to stay at Ricky's motel in Grande Isle for tourneys. The roaches were world class!

Comment

Looks like rain in the forecast hope it clears off and turns the beachfront on.

Comment

Hook up with Darl at MarshMasters for some bowfishing, Tell him GarGuys sent ya.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Hook up with Darl at MarshMasters for some bowfishing, Tell him GarGuys sent ya.
                    Its a minimum of 4 cant afford that

Comment

Take good bug spray. If you use OFF the mosquitos will land on your arm and roll in it to keep the gnats off their ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Along the highway coming from port fouchon going to grand isle are numerous culverts. Plenty of fish can be caught at those during tide changes. Grand isle is a special place. Been 3 times. I know someone mentioned bank fishing being tough.... But I think you will be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
                          Along the highway coming from port fouchon going to grand isle are numerous culverts. Plenty of fish can be caught at those during tide changes. Grand isle is a special place. Been 3 times. I know someone mentioned bank fishing being tough.... But I think you will be surprised.
                          Good to know I would have passed right pass stuff like that.

Comment

I don't miss that place at all. But then again, never had the pleasure of fishing there just work.

Comment

Here are some places you can get more info:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Encouraging article from May of last year -

Comment

Working...
                              X