Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR15 mags.....Pmag still the best option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR15 mags.....Pmag still the best option?

Need some new mags, is Pmag still the best option? Looking for 10 & 20 rounders

Good question
    Saw on another thread something that made me believe they were not the top choice right now. Can't remember what the thread I was looking at was though

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Good question
      Saw on another thread something that made me believe they were not the top choice right now. Can't remember what the thread I was looking at was though
      I saw a different brand at Academy last night, looked good but were all 30rnds.

Comment

Not sure if they are the best but I have a bunch of them and I’ve never had any issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Not sure if they are the best but I have a bunch of them and I’ve never had any issues with them.

Oh, I know. I have some. Just seeing if there are better options. No issues with Pmag.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Oh, I know. I have some. Just seeing if there are better options. No issues with Pmag.
            are you talking for the 5.56/.223 round?

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
              are you talking for the 5.56/.223 round?
              Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Same here.

Lancers work good too..

Comment

I only buy Pmags, Brownells, and OKAY Surefeeds. I also have a few PSA branded D&H which work. They are all great. Right now it is easier to find the other mags I listed for cheaper than Pmags.

There are a few issues with Pmags i'm aware of, but i've only experienced one. That is feed lip cracking/spreading after being loaded for a while. I've had it happen to a few mags (gen 2), but have many, many more that have been loaded for the same amount of time and are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    I only buy Pmags, Brownells, and OKAY Surefeeds. I also have a few PSA branded D&H which work. They are all great. Right now it is easier to find the other mags I listed for cheaper than Pmags.

There are a few issues with Pmags i'm aware of, but i've only experienced one. That is feed lip cracking/spreading after being loaded for a while. I've had it happen to a few mags (gen 2), but have many, many more that have been loaded for the same amount of time and are fine.
                    +1 on the brownells. I have had good luck with c products and AR Stoner too.

Comment

DOn't know what the latest best is but my later gen pmags and factory Rock River have all been trouble free.

Comment

Pmags are probably still the best widely available magazine for the AR15. If you want the absolute best IMHO, the Lancer mags would be it. The are a hybrid with a polymer body and steel feed lips. They also stack better without a flared foot plate and in my test the follower tilts less than the Pmag.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          +1 on the brownells. I have had good luck with c products and AR Stoner too.
                          Brownells are actual USGI issued magazines and for the discount codes Brownells has been running you can't beat them. I just ordered 10 more for under $9/mag.

Edit: Oops. Sorry OP. Just realized you are looking for 10 and 20 rounders.

Comment

My b.i.l was running the range at ft.polk and he said p-mags are becoming standard issue. What they're using is good enough for me

Comment

P-mags are the best for the money and what you will most likely use them for. I like Lancer mags too, but they are a little more money. I use P-Mags for my duty rifle and have not had an issue yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X