• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    Well dang I just spine a hog Bloodsport can't handle a thrashing hog Haha
    No tracking needed

Comment

Do some looking at arrows That's a long arrow to put 50 guns up front on a 340 spine
      I was thinking the same thing

Comment

FOC increase

I know!!
        Brian at On Target reassured me it was plenty.
        I expressed my concern and willingness to jump to a 300 or 250.
        When they built them they cut from both ends and they indexed them for me.
        I wasn't able to shoot them because I asked them to use the 2 Part Epoxy glue.

My buddy recently recommended me some Deer Crossing Archery arrows.
        We was sighting in his new sight at On Target. He hit the wood and broke his arrow, that was the first time it'd ever been shot. I'm still shooting Beman Bowhunter I hit wood with. I'm not not saying the Deer Crossing Archery arrows are a bad arrow. But based on this experience, I'm not willing to shoot them.
        He's out hunting this weekend, he's shooting Bloodsports....
        I might try them.

I'm also considering Black Eagle Rampage LD in 250.
        Just need to save my ¢ first.
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-15-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

FOC increase

Do some looking at arrows That's a long arrow to put 50 guns up front on a 340 spine

I know!
          That's one of the reasons I started this thread.

According to the Goldtip Website. They recommend a 340 spine for 65 - 69# Draw and 28" - 30" arrows.

My bow draws 68# & my arrows are 29"

https://<br /> http://www.goldtip.co...ge=chart<br />
          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-15-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Finally made a choice on arrows.
            I'm getting Gold Tip XT Hunters 8.9 GPI, 340 spine at 29 1/16" long.
            I'm adding 50 grains to the tip. Gives me 19.2473% FOC :-)

My est weight is 448 grains. Which puts me at 6.5882 grains/ pound.

My calculations were off on my new arrows.
            My BP is 19.125 not 20.125...
            That changes my FOC to 15.80645.

I'm a little disappointed.
            I really wanted to be knocking on 20%

Comment

I know!
              That's one of the reasons I started this thread.

According to Goldtips Website. They recommend a 340 spine 65 - 69# Draw and 28" - 30" arrows.

https://<br /> http://www.goldtip.c...ge=chart<br />
              The problem with charts they don't take account of dynamic spine that's the good thing about ontarget program I can make a 340 with 50 gn and a 125 gn tip shoot good but that arrow is 26.5 long if this Bria guy is saying it will work I would go for it

Comment

The problem with charts they don't take account of dynamic spine that's the good thing about ontarget program I can make a 340 with 50 gn and a 125 gn tip shoot good but that arrow is 26.5 long if this Bria guy is saying it will work I would go for it
                Brian's the owner, and he has a 31+" Draw length as well. Worst that can happen is they don't work out.

I should be able to resell them fairly easily...

Comment

I know!!

We was sighting in his new sight at On Target. He hit the wood and broke his arrow, that was the first time it'd ever been shot. I'm still shooting Beman Bowhunter I hit wood with. I'm not not saying the Deer Crossing Archery arrows are a bad arrow. But based on this experience, I'm not willing to shoot them.
                  I might try them.

Just need to save my ¢ first.
                  Let me say it for you then. Deer crossing arrows are a bad arrow. I would not reccomend them for any situation. They are cheap(poor quality) arrows.

Bummer about your FOC, but are you starting to see just how difficult it is to get to the numbers you are trying to get to?

Comment

I know!!

I might try them.

Just need to save my &#162; first.

Im hunting but im flinging 140gr accubonds

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

Bummer about your FOC, but are you starting to see just how difficult it is to get to the numbers you are trying to get to?
                      I knew it was going to be a challenge! I have some great friends on here, who are far more experienced than me, that told me it was going to be :-)
                      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-16-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                        Consulted with muddy gunna put my wife on a 26" carnivore foc is predicted at 20%!plus coming in at 370 gr +/-
                        this build will be in the mid to high 20's fellas! this lady is going to have more foc than most of you guys..................man cards................who needs em.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                          this build will be in the mid to high 20's fellas! this lady is going to have more foc than most of you guys..................man cards................who needs em.
                          I can't wait to see these bad boys. I'm more excited about these arrows than her. Then again she won't understand the thump behind them !

Comment

May have to get muddy to build my next set

Comment

Brian's the owner, and he has a 31+" Draw length as well. Worst that can happen is they don't work out.

I should be able to resell them fairly easily...
                              Ok I just got in from hunting. I open the ontarget program. All I put in is the Moxie bow at 68 lb. 32 in draw and Beamon ics speed arrow. With a 125 tip

I know there other inputs but I would think this is close. If what I have put in is correct

It shows to be .063 weak from a 340 spine. A 300 spine it still shows this to be .023 weak. So program is showing optimal spine is .2772. That is with a 125 gn head and 22 gn insert. Changing to a 50 gn insert it shows a .2682 spine

This is the program in hunting filter.

You can always make a weak arrow shoot. I'm not saying Brian is wrong. Maybe I'm doing the program wrong.

It's just a little more info before you spend your money
                              Last edited by enewman; 11-16-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Enewman, pm sent sir

Comment

Working...
                                X