3 lb venison roast/ need ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 lb venison roast/ need ideas

I have a 3lb venison roast and need some recipes.
    Also, if I were to cut it up into steaks would it be the same as the cutlets they packaged? They are good and would like to do that if you all agree. If not any good recipe ideas?

cook it like you would any roast....... or like you said, slice it into steaks and get down with it!!!!

Comment

Deer roast are very good, just add app. 30 minutes cook time compared to beef. If you want cutlets, slice it about 1/2 inch xgrain and tenderize with meat hammer or electric if you have one.
      For the roast, make small pockets with a knife point and stuff with onion & garlic. Do this in several areas. Salt,pepper etc. Place in roast pot. Add 1/4ed taters, carrots and 1/4ed onions. 2 cans cambells Golden Mushroom and 1 can cambells beef consomme.

Comment

I like to slice it real thin (partially freeze it first, makes slicing much easier) then quick fry in a pan with onions, mushrooms, peppers...whateveryou like....add some cheese and serve on good sub rolls with a little A-1.....my family devours venison Philly cheese steaks.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas

Comment

It was good. Crock pot w onions. There was some fat on the roast. It was wrapped in the string netting thing.
            Worcester sauce, Lowerys salt and pepper. I use worcester and lowery on everything.
            Sliced up some potatos and it was great

Comment

I always shoot my roasts up with the Creole Butter injectable marinade before I wrap them and put them in the freezer. Also cut and stuff them like GR5 said with bellpeppers and onions. Crock pot is good, but I always brown my roast in a magnalite pot that way it will stick to the pot. Before I put it in the crock pot I like to scrape everything out of the bottom of the magnalite into the crock pot. This will help make a good gravy.

Comment

Working...
              X