smoked brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked brisket

ok to me this recipe is one of the best for smoked briskets its simple in the seasoning all you need is Adams Brisket Rub.... for the brisket i usually buy mine when HEB has them on sale then i trim them how i like them i usually leave about half an inch of fat on the back then i try to get most of the other fat off (i dont really care for greasy meat).... then cut slices in the fat down to the meat and then season the brisket all over and cover it pretty good it looks like a lot of seasoning but it takes alot for a brisket when its good and orange colored then it seasoned enough.... now for smoking put in your smoker with the fat on top and smoke it between 250 and 300 for four hours with what ever type of wood you like i use red oak and live oak you can throw in a little sassafras for some sweetness once its done smoking it should be dark if not black....wrap it up tight in several layers of tin foil then put it in the oven on 190 for eight hours.... you have to let it cool down before cutting it does not cut well when hot or warm.

Sounds good! You had me a little upset when you took it out of the smoker at 4 hours. But then you totally redeemed yourself! I like a good 8 hour brisket in a home made pit from metal pipe. Good steady temp and plenty of time to beer yourself up before its done.

Comment

Working...
    X