Favorite multi-tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Gerber. One hand deployment of the pliers and a more comfortable handle when squeezing down hard.

This! I like the needle nosed one

Comment

Gerber. One hand deployment of the pliers and a more comfortable handle when squeezing down hard.
      X2

Comment

My favorite is the Victorinox multitool. The blades open from the outside which is pretty handy - you don't have to open the handles to get to the blades.

Comment

Leatherman Wave here have 3 of them. Carry it everyday only reason I have 3 is I lost 2 of them and have since found them. Really like the knives on the outside for easy opening plus every tool locks.

Comment

I have an original Leatherman, I got it in the early 90's. It is still going strong.

Comment

Gerber has been my favorite since my Army days. The one hand deployment seals the deal.

Comment

Leatherman Skeletool from TSC.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                  Don't forget the Victorinox multi tool. Its much better than the gerber 400 I had.
                  Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  My favorite is the Victorinox multitool. The blades open from the outside which is pretty handy - you don't have to open the handles to get to the blades.
                  THIS^^^!
                  If you ever try one, you'll throw rocks at the rest. Just like all other Victorinox products, lifetime guarantee and it is the most comfortable to use in my opinion. All the blades, scissors, saws, screwdrivers, etc. deploy from the outside of the handle. You don't have to open the handles unless you want to use the pliers option. It's stainless steel, and built to hold up to heavy use.

Comment

Original and the micro in my pocket.

Comment

I've had 2 Leatherman's for about 10 years. The Fuse model and the Supertool 200 have both been bulletproof.

Comment

Okay, so lots of guys seem to love Leatherman. I've never been a fan of them, but I haven't messed with one since my dad was given an original call in the 90's. I hated that thing. The sharp edges hurt my hands if I was using the pliers for anything more strenuous than splinter removal, the tools clumped up, I just wasn't impressed. I also recently learned of Tim Leatherman's liberal politics and I'm having a real hard time giving him money, but I digress.

Then I met the Gerber, and it just seemed so much better. Comfortable handles, one hand opening and closing, locking tools that I can get out one at a time etc. I've had the same one since the mid 90's, it's in my EDC go bag and goes everywhere with me, but there are many new models out with new features etc.

Then I saw a review of the SOG powerpliers on YouTube the other day and really liked the compound leverage idea.

I'm currently trying to put together an investigation "jump bag" to carry around with a good compliment of tools to get started on a fire investigation while I'm waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. I'll have lots of stuff in there, but it seems like a good multi tool could help lighten the load by serving as multiple tools in one. I'm planning to make it all fit inside a bag about the size of a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack.
                        Last edited by txfireguy2003; 11-06-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I've probably had my Gerber 6yrs now, and I use it often, and it's still going strong.

Comment

I've been carrying my Original Leatherman 20+ years and its still going strong.

Comment

I've had several and my favorite has been the SOG.

Comment

"Leatherman Wave"

Comment

Working...
                                X