New Seekins HAVAK rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Seekins HAVAK rifle

Just saw this over on another forum and thought some folks might be interested. Everything Seekins makes is very high quality and I'll bet this is no exception. I'm going to try and convince our local gun shop to get one - I'd like to see it in person. Pretty decent price point for everything that's included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sure is pretty

Comment

Wow

Comment

Looks like a nice rifle, especially for that price

I am not fond of the barrel fluting tho. Too busy. I'd really rather have a smooth barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
          Looks like a nice rifle, especially for that price

I am not fond of the barrel fluting tho. Too busy. I'd really rather have a smooth barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hear ya. They are busy. I thought they were cool when they first came out with spiral fluting but now everything seems to have it. I prefer straight flutes myself, if I'm going to flute. But, I'd prolly deal with it for the price. If I didn't have one custom already in process and another planned as a switch barrel rifle, I'd jump all over this.

Comment

I feel the same about the fluting... I like straight fluting.... But does anyone know what the spiral fluting does rigidity wise?... I'm thinking, and I very well could be wrong, that the spiral fluting would be less rigid...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
              I feel the same about the fluting... I like straight fluting.... But does anyone know what the spiral fluting does rigidity wise?... I'm thinking, and I very well could be wrong, that the spiral fluting would be less rigid...
              This got my wheels spinnin' as well.

Thinking about fluting your barrel? Read our article and find out what are the Real Benefits of Barrel Fluting and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post

My GS says that it reduces rigidity. I mentioned possibly doing spiral fluting and he went "NOoooo!!!" Lol! Begged me to use straight flutes if I wanted to flute. He's a benchrest guy. He said if I wanted to shed weight, I should go to a lighter profile, not use fluting. So, I opted to man-up and carry the extra few ounces.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                  My GS says that it reduces rigidity. I mentioned possibly doing spiral fluting and he went "NOoooo!!!" Lol! Begged me to use straight flutes if I wanted to flute. He's a benchrest guy. He said if I wanted to shed weight, I should go to a lighter profile, not use fluting. So, I opted to man-up and carry the extra few ounces.
                  They should be more rigid than a smaller profile of the same weight though. Mine will be a 2b with spiral fluting. That rifle is almost all about weight though

Comment

I wish I was rich cause there are soooo many cool things I want to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      They should be more rigid than a smaller profile of the same weight though. Mine will be a 2b with spiral fluting. That rifle is almost all about weight though

I dunno. Might be. Turns out, the more people I talked to (GS's included) the more horror stories I heard about fluting. Perfectly good barrels turning out badly. Definitely a small percentage of the time but it just wasn't worth it to me. Risk vs reward. We all have to make our own assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                        I dunno. Might be. Turns out, the more people I talked to (GS's included) the more horror stories I heard about fluting. Perfectly good barrels turning out badly. Definitely a small percentage of the time but it just wasn't worth it to me. Risk vs reward. We all have to make our own assessment.

Depends on when the fluting is done. Fluting isn't going to affect a premium barrel when done by the barrel maker. My Krieger barrel is fluted and shoots 1/4" groups with factory ammo.

You can ruin a barrel by fluting after all the machine work is done and the barrel isn't stress relieved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Depends on when the fluting is done. Fluting isn't going to affect a premium barrel when done by the barrel maker. My Krieger barrel is fluted and shoots 1/4" groups with factory ammo.

You can ruin a barrel by fluting after all the machine work is done and the barrel isn't stress relieved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, that I agree with totally. Besides, if it did go bad, they're certainly going to warranty the barrel. I'm sure 98% of fluting jobs go perfectly even with 3rd parties. My 'luck' is such that I would be in that 2%. Lol! I talked to Bartlein about fluting my barrel but the weight they said it would shave was so minimal that it hardly seemed worth spending $150 on.

Comment

With today's custom barrels I would not worry about fluting. I have had 2 done by a 3rd party no issues. Both Rifles will do 1/4 groups with factory ammo. My GS guarantees his work and accuracy. If it does not shoot well then he is replacing the barrel on it before it leaves his shop. More importantly is the person doing the fluting work.

Comment

semi custom off the shelf rifle! i like it! but, it seems like a very similar build to an apr ranger...and with the apr you have a few more options.

either way i like the way the industry is moving!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X