it almost time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it almost time....

Where we getting some good deals on cases of shotgun ammo?!

..yes i know i am a poor shot...
    ..i dont care.. im pretty proficient in precision shooting by volume.

I just always buy a case of monarch 12ga 2-3/4” 7-1/2 shot. Usually 49.99-51.99 and never had a complaint about them and they’re cheaper than just about every brand you see at the store. I pick them up at academy usually.

Comment

Rogers Sporting Goods has Estate shells on sale through 7/30. 2 cases for $100.

Comment

If you didn't use 3 boxes of shells for a limit of dove you didn't have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          If you didn't use 3 boxes of shells for a limit of dove you didn't have fun!
          3 boxes?
          I use that getting the gun outta the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            3 boxes?
            that’s pretty funny right there. If you’re not emptying shells you’re doing something wrong.

Comment

Sams club, I bought 4 cases a while back. They I believe were $40 a case.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more and buy high brass shells. They are a bit more in price, but you will shoot a bunch fewer shells. The cheapo dove loads with 7/8ths oz of shot make it hard to hit a dove. I hunted with a guy several years ago that seemed he could not miss. I was griping that I couldn't hit squat. He handed me a few of his shells and I dropped 3 out of 4 shots. Turns out wasn't so much me as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  3 boxes?
                  You sir are the perfect dove hunting partner!

Comment

Winchester is running a $2 per box rebate on their AA shells. So that puts most of them at $5.99 a box, max of 50 boxes. I picked up 2 cases a month or so back when academy was having a sale on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                      Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more and buy high brass shells. They are a bit more in price, but you will shoot a bunch fewer shells. The cheapo dove loads with 7/8ths oz of shot make it hard to hit a dove. I hunted with a guy several years ago that seemed he could not miss. I was griping that I couldn't hit squat. He handed me a few of his shells and I dropped 3 out of 4 shots. Turns out wasn't so much me as I thought.
                      Good shells help a ton. Was shooting some real light 7.5 shot one year and was knocking the dust off them and then watching them fall half way across the field. Started buying the 6 shot high brass shells, and the past 2 years the rio texas game load. It is way easier to kill them now and can reach out and touch them better as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X