Dripping Springs, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dripping Springs, TX

Taking the family and some friends to DS this weekend for my wifes birthday. What should we do to make great memories. No small kids and we like to drink.

thanks

New bbq place called The Switch just opened in dripping springs. Their first location is in Austin and is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the only thing to do is Mercer Street and bar hop or go on a wine or distillery tour. Wimberley has a lot more stuff to do which is just down the road (maybe 20 minutes).

Dripping Springs:
      Hamilton Pool
      Wine tours
      Twisted X Brewery
      Distillery Tours
      Mercer Street (bar hop and eats)

Wimberley:
      Blue Hole
      Jacobs Well
      Zip Line
      Downtown Square for shopping & dining.

Several microbreweries in or near both towns.

Comment

The atmosphere at the Salt Lick with friends is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          The atmosphere at the Salt Lick with friends is hard to beat.
          Atmosphere is definitely good, but the food is ok. I do recommend everyone go to the Salt Lick at least once.

Comment

Good atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
              Taking the family and some friends to DS this weekend for my wifes birthday. What should we do to make great memories. No small kids and we like to drink.

thanks
              Treaty Oak Distillery is a lot of fun. Obviously they have the liquor covered, but they also have great food, a nice wide-open property, and awesome food. I am hungry just thinking about it.

Comment

Deep Eddy distillery. Dripping Springs distillery. Twisted X brewing company is just a bit south on 12.

The Shady Llama Beer Garden with an amazing Hill Country sunset is 8 miles south on 12. Our gate is half a mile further. LOL.

Comment

Treaty Oak Distillery gets my vote. Great food and drinks and the property is nice with huge shade trees.

Comment

trattoria for the nice dinner outing

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                      Treaty Oak Distillery gets my vote. Great food and drinks and the property is nice with huge shade trees.
                      Food?

I have not been. Gonna have to check it out.

Comment

Fun place but a bit on the hot side right now outside.

Comment

That puts you real close to Jester King Brewery. Definitely worth a visit!

Jester King Brewery is a world-renowned maker of farmhouse ales and barrel-aged wild ales located on 165 acres of farmland on the outskirts of Austin, TX

Comment

You could stop by my shop and we could slam a few, lol, just kidding, I really like Steiner Ranch Steak House, it is not too far from DS.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              Treaty Oak Distillery is a lot of fun. Obviously they have the liquor covered, but they also have great food, a nice wide-open property, and awesome food. I am hungry just thinking about it.
                              I second this as we there for the first time about a month ago for my Brother in Laws birthday. Good food and drink and reasonable prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X