No announcement yet.

Trump threatens the free press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt BHO Obama infringe a wee bit on "free press" as well?

In 2013 the news broke that Eric Holder’s Justice Department had spied on James Rosen. Obama’s DOJ collected Rosen’s telephone records as well as tracked his movements to and from the State Department from where he reported. Rosen was named as a possible co-conspirator in a Justice Department affidavit. Rosen claims that his parents phone line was also swept up in the collection of his records and DOJ records seem to confirm that. Despite the targeting of Rosen, there were no brave calls to boycott the White House Correspondents Dinner.

Obama’s Justice Department secretly obtained months of phone records belonging to AP journalists while investigating a failed terror attack. And much like the Rosen spying, this was personally approved by Attorney General Holder.

Chase, read you up a little on the Patriot Act. It did a little more than, infringe

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

In 2013 the news broke that Eric Holder’s Justice Department had spied on James Rosen. Obama’s DOJ collected Rosen’s telephone records as well as tracked his movements to and from the State Department from where he reported. Rosen was named as a possible co-conspirator in a Justice Department affidavit. Rosen claims that his parents phone line was also swept up in the collection of his records and DOJ records seem to confirm that. Despite the targeting of Rosen, there were no brave calls to boycott the White House Correspondents Dinner.

Obama’s Justice Department secretly obtained months of phone records belonging to AP journalists while investigating a failed terror attack. And much like the Rosen spying, this was personally approved by Attorney General Holder.

Chase, read you up a little on the Patriot Act. It did a little more than, infringe
      tu quoque

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
        tu quoque

Oh but of course! You see this all the time now from the liberals and their criticism of Trump. Oh how soon some forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Oh but of course! You see this all the time now from the liberals and their criticism of Trump. Oh how soon some forget.
          i dont think that particular logical fallacy is limited to a single political group.

Comment

i dont think that particular logical fallacy is limited to a single political group.

Then why bring it up? Agenda maybe?

Comment

Then why bring it up? Agenda maybe?
              i brought it up because its a bs argument that too many ppl use these days.

ill point it out when i see it.

so, yeah, i guess i have an agenda. and, that agenda is to call out bs arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!"
                So how about CNN leaking questions to Clinton, on 2 occaisions?

Put me down as thinking it is appropriate to challenge Donna's (a DNC chair) and CNN's license.

Comment

Comment

i brought it up because its a bs argument that too many ppl use these days.

ill point it out when i see it.

so, yeah, i guess i have an agenda. and, that agenda is to call out bs arguments.

Such as this one? I too don't mind calling it out.

Comment

Such as this one? I too don't mind calling it out.
                      where is the fallacy in my argument?

my argument being - the post that i quoted was an example of a logical fallacy called "tu quoque"

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

Just a "wee" bit...

11.7K     You can find many timelines that follow allegations of Russia tampering in the U.S. election and alleged involvement of Trump officials. But I couldn’t find any comprehensive timelines cross-referencing Obama-era surveillance of whistleblowers, journalists and other U.S. citizens with Russia surveillance allegations. So […]

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          right click...save as

Comment

The first amendment is actually meant to prevent the media we have right now

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Not sure if he threatened or just called them out again.. "Fake News" using Trumps name for it, are as much a threat to our freedom as a government controlled press core. The liberal media is in bed with the dems and are biascally being "controlled" as to what narrative they are spewing 24/7. If we can not see the danger in the national media being in bed with either political party we are doomed for sure.
                              Exactly right
                              Trump cant revoke the medias license but he can make it abundantly clear that
                              They are not and never have done the republican party any favors. GW was treated this same way only he never said anything about it. The media IS a tool for one side of the isle and DO NOT live up to their constitutional privilege

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                                No one has ever been better at controlling the narrative than Trump. Tweet something ridiculous that your base will love, watch the news media and crazy left go bananas, and once again we go another news cycle while not focusing on real issues.

What's going on with Iran? What's the current plan with N. Korea? How are we doing on tax reform? What's the latest on the ACA and its replacement/repeal? What about DACA? The "tall beautiful wall"?

Trump focuses the media, and by default America on whatever red herring he wants. It's actually pretty masterful.
                                Those who choose to be informed can be informed..

Wall: http://www.newsweek.com/see-first-ph...er-wall-683044
                                Tax Reform: At the soonest will be christmas, the RINO's don't want it.
                                ACA: issued EO today on it https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.50067a8a87c7
                                DACA is on a 6 month deal for congress to figure out, after that it is "supposed to be eliminated".
                                Iran/N. Korea, we will know when we need to know. That is national security, let them work.

Comment

Working...
                                X