Tried a new dove recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried a new dove recipe

Fried then tossed in a sauce made with butter, honey, garlic and Cholula. Really tasty and a nice change of pace from the normal bacon/grill method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really good i bet it wouldbe real good with an egg roll

Comment

sounds good

Comment

That looks really good and I would love to try it. Care to share the recipe for the sauce? Or do you just kind of wing it?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          a sauce made with butter, honey, garlic and Cholula. k
          Spicy garlic honey butter? I'm thinking that dove belongs on a fresh biscuit with extra sauce drizzled on it!

Thanks for the idea.

Comment

excellent

Comment

Sounds great! Question - did you batter or dredge the dove before frying or just fry them bare meat? Concerned that the frying could turn them a bit leathery...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch0000 View Post
                Sounds great! Question - did you batter or dredge the dove before frying or just fry them bare meat? Concerned that the frying could turn them a bit leathery...

Thanks in advance!
                I let them soak in buttermilk for a few hours then dredged in seasoned flour. You are correct that it is easy to overcook. The key is to "flash fry" them. Get the oil so hot it's beginning to smoke, drop them in and take them out the second they brown - just a minute or so.

Comment

Working...
                X