No announcement yet.

Live hunt Limpopo South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its about time for an update. Should be back at camp or close to it right about now. Excited to hear how the day went.

Comment

Good luck following

Comment

Wildebeest down!

Comment

Awesome! Neat animal for sure!

Comment

This mornings hunt was incredible! We saw waterbuck, nyala, eland, kudu, monkeys, and wildebeest! We were really looking for wildebeest. It took a while for the big bull to work around and present a shot but patience paid off. I took an easy 20 yard broadside shot but was so excited a made a mental error and hit a bit high. About an hour later they came back and my son smoked a nice wildebeest bull! After another hour we went and tracked him. Easy to find. There was a huge blood trail and he didn't run far. Took at least 3 minutes to find him! We decided with my shot being a bit questionable that we would return to the lodge, have lunch (Wildebeest burgers) and then look for my beest.
            Our PH (Kenny) and tracker (Aaron) were great. I don't know what they were seeing but they found him after nearly 2 miles. Unfortunately he es still alive and busted out. So, we are returning in the morning to try again.
            I will try to upload LDPs but the wifi here is sketchy. Hope you get them. If not I'll send LDPs and video when I get back!

Comment

Dang. Good luck getting him tomorrow. What camp are you in?

any pics of your son's Wildebeest?

Comment

Originally posted by DrBob View Post
                Thanks for the well wishes!
                I wish I could be at the SCI fundraiser this year. Y'all have fun and raise a bunch!
                I just love this bow hunting brotherhood. As we are walking into the airport with our bags, this stranger stops us and wishes us well on our hunt. Turns out he owns West Houston Archery. Nice fellow! Thanks!
                Anyway. Bout to board. Be in the air till tomorrow row night.
                I hope to update once we are in camp
                Lol.....was his name Brian? Small world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Good luck to you. I'm following this one.

I wish I knew the RCC had this event.
                  This Sunday sir.....would love to buy ya a few drinks!!! Gonna be EPIC!![emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck will be following along. Congrats on the wildebeest

Comment

Jakkals1

Day 3
                      The plan was to spend about 30 minutes trying to find my Wildebeest. Then go get in a blind for the rest of the morning. Honestly I did not have high hopes for finding him. But Kenny and Aaron were incredible. I could see different tracks going everywhere and somehow they knew which ones to follow.
                      After maybe 15 minutes we found him....still alive. He jumped up and busted out before I could get a shot. I was amazed that the PH and tracker could track him over 2 miles to this point. So we started on his trail again. We saw him once more briefly but again no shot opportunity. A large group of Eland came by in front of us. I thought we cool but in reality it was very bad. All the Eland demolished the Wildebeest tracks and we lost the trail. Aaron and Kenny tried to find it again but to no avail. We had tracked a total of 4.7 miles. By this time it was late so went back to the lodge for an early and quick lunch. Then off to a new waterhole to sit all afternoon. We saw a group of about 8 waterbuck. The big male was a shooter but waterbuck was not on my list. In the distance we saw zebra and gemsbok. Both on my list, but they never came in.
                      So no animals died today. Dinner in the lodge was awesome! Spaghetti bolognese made with minced Cape buffalo. The buffalo was shot yesterday by Dave, a retired New York prison guard who was in camp with us.

Day 4
                      So the plan today is to drive about an hour away to a new waterhole. On the drive we saw giraffe, white rhino, and baboons. We stopped to set up a pop up blind on a waterhole on the way. Wildebeest were there when we came in.
                      Our blind for the morning was a pit blind. Really nice. Plenty of room inside for me, my son, and the PH. Morning was slow except a giraffe that really wanted a drink and our salt lick. He kept coming close and nervously backing away all morning long. Around 2 o'clock things started picking up. Three impala came for a drink but they stayed behind brush and trees so no shot opportunity. Then an old gemsbok with a messed up horn enjoyed a drink. Then a sow warthog and her baby, followed by 3 baby warthogs on the downwind side. Finally an average warthog came in across the pond. 32.5 yards on my rangefinder. I was hoping for bigger but it was the 4th day and I wanted something. So I took the shot. He turned just as I shot but fortunately he turned away. So my broadside shot turned into a quartering away shot and it worked out just fine.
                      Only 30 minutes later a beautiful gemsbok came in at 28.5 yards for a drink. He was quartering at me but I had realised from watching animals today that they usually got a quick drink and left. So I let 'er fly. And she struck perfectly for a quartering away shot.
                      We waited an hour and started tracking. Found both in less than 3 minutes.
                      I'll upload LDPs,s as soon as possible.
                      We went back to the lodge dropped off the mornings victims for skinning and headed out to a new blind.

Comment

Congrats on the kills [emoji106]

Comment

I'm trying to upload pics but not working from my iPhone. Any tips?

Comment

what camp are you in? The internet at the Main camp is slow so you may just have to wait a while for them to load.

Comment

I think it's called Zonderwater.
                              I'm still trying!

Comment

as promised
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X