No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a short chest and triceps workout this morning. Mainly flys and variations of tricep supersets. Back and biceps in the morning

Comment

Rest day today. And I needed it I guess cuz I don't think I moved. Half a benadryl and 2 melatonin and it was snooze city. Went after axis deer yesterday evening with my father. Saw about 25 but too far for the .223 that close to dark. For some reason hunting, no matter how long or short it is, wears me out. And I sleep good! Maybe I should hunt every day!

Tomorrow will be legs and shoulders.

Comment

Legggggsssssssss after work

Comment

I had a test today that required no exercise yesterday and fasting from last night until test was over late morning. Ran a mile afterwards and didnt feel like going further so took the rest of today off. My body probably needed two days off anyways. I did weigh in this morning and my fat is going down and muscle is going up so everything is moving in the right direction. After what seemed like a slow start, Im down 2% BF for the month. Looking back over my numbers the past several years and I have increased my weight from 180ish to 194 while lowing my BF%. I would like to lower my BF% more and get down to about 187-188. Back at it tomorrow and looking forward to more gains at the end of Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I had a test today that required no exercise yesterday and fasting from last night until test was over late morning. Ran a mile afterwards and didnt feel like going further so took the rest of today off. My body probably needed two days off anyways. I did weigh in this morning and my fat is going down and muscle is going up so everything is moving in the right direction. After what seemed like a slow start, Im down 2% BF for the month. Looking back over my numbers the past several years and I have increased my weight from 180ish to 194 while lowing my BF%. I would like to lower my BF% more and get down to about 187-188. Back at it tomorrow and looking forward to more gains at the end of Feb.

Had my bloodwork ran 2 wks ago. Didn't fast. Cholesterol was 173, LDL was high normal, HDL normal. Test was 730's. On 200 mg weekly.

Hit shoulders today.

Working sets not including warm up.
            Power Clean and OHP press 10x2
            Clean pulls 5x3 with last set of 10 shrugs
            DB lat raises 4x10
            Face pulls 3x15
            Romanian DL for low back 3x5
            Crunch machine 3x10 - stopped on 3rd set due to abd cramps - this cramping issue ****** me off

Tomorrow will be cardio day.

Comment

Had a day off from work today so I went to the gym around noon.

10-minute warm-up on the treadmill.
              And then leg presses
              hex bar squats
              hex bar deadlifts
              KBgoblet squats

Went back to the elliptical and did 30 minutes. Have a little pain in my knee after the hex bar squats. A little concerned but I'm going to let it rest.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                I’ll be doing blood work around 930 in the morning

Going to sneak in chest and tris early and be done with everything by 7:15

Would imagine 2 hours is plenty to come back down. Imagine I need to skip the prework out though

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Would imagine 2 hours is plenty to come back down. Imagine I need to skip the prework out though
                  Negative, It'll take at least 24 hrs to come back down to normal. It happened to me and I had to go back for a 2nd test with a 48 hr rest period. Your liver functions will be elevated from working out.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                    Negative, It'll take at least 24 hrs to come back down to normal. It happened to me and I had to go back for a 2nd test with a 48 hr rest period. Your liver functions will be elevated from working out.
                    Interesting. My liver functions were elevated last week as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Interesting. My liver functions were elevated last week as well.
                      I always take off 48 hrs before blood work. It's a normal stress reaction, and they know that, but it's best to rest and have a normal baseline.

Comment

The doctor probably assumed I dont work out since Im short for my weight. [emoji16][emoji23][emoji2]

Comment

The doctor probably assumed I dont work out since Im short for my weight. [emoji16][emoji23][emoji2]
                          LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

That won’t work. More than on here have tried and failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a good one![emoji23]

Jump rope today.
                              50 both feet jumps.
                              50 both feet side to side jumps.
                              50 single foot jumps, each leg.
                              50 single foot side to side jumps, each leg.
                              50 both feet side to side jumps.
                              50 both feet jumps.
                              I agree with not excising for 2 days before blood work. I had my red cell count come back abnormal the first time I had mine done. It sucks having to go back the second time when you hate needles like I do.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

So was he saying you should be like 8 ft tall?

Comment

Working...
                                X