No announcement yet.

Project: Rolling Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a little bit more progress done on this thing today. I was able to complete the skeleton of theframe.

I also put together the door in back and for it swinging properly

I'm really liking the way this is turning out. I need to figure out an easy way to out a few shelves in it. I may just get some 1x10's and screw them across for some shelves. Hopefully I can gather up some old barn tin and this thing will be ready to roll soon

Comment

keep going. I'm taking notes

Comment

Nice

Comment

nice!

Comment

This looks really good.

Comment

That's gonna be a heck of a blind. You're gonna love hunting out of that thing.

Comment

following

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product

Comment

Taj ma Hal

Comment

Gonna be great.

Comment

So between having a new baby at home, lots of work and cold temps, this thing hasn't been touched in nearly 3 months. Wife and baby went away for the weekend to go antiquing with her mom and grandmother, so I had a good opportunity to play again some this evening.
                        I screwed in a fancy door latch I rigged up awhile back.
                        I even nailed on some of the drip edging along the top edge of the windows. I would have done more, but I forgot I'm pretty much at a stand-still until I get a few more boards and tin rounded up. But, I'll have me some good tin in no time, just gotta go pick it up.

Comment

Any new updates on this!!??

Comment

I was able to collect a bunch of tin from a fallen down barn a few weeks ago, but haven't made any real progress on construction. Its a busy time of the year for me and it seems like all my weekends are filled up. It's still sitting in the barn waitin on me

Comment

It's officially ready for tin! I cut one piece last night, only to realize how much it's going to take to do this. I'm thinking I barely have enough, so I'm measuring everything twice!

Comment

Use a circular saw, it will make quick work of tin!

Comment

Working...
                                X