Round bale pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round bale pricing

I just seen round bales for sale in Jourdanton for 95.00 and it looked like coastal. Ain’t no one gonna buy that right now.
    Last edited by Radar; 07-16-2018, 03:42 PM.

This winter and fall they will make a killing, my hay guys are looking at one cut this summer

Comment

Up my way I magine it'll be higher than that not too far off. Aint had any actual rain since St. Paddys day.

Comment

Central Texas is dry dry, south Texas caught the rains

Comment

If you look in the right parts of East TX there are folks with rounds that is around 2 yrs old for $10 or so. But it’s nothing special. Probably has thorny stuff in some.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
            If you look in the right parts of East TX there are folks with rounds that is around 2 yrs old for $10 or so. But it’s nothing special. Probably has thorny stuff in some.
            60 a bale right now is normal but that 95.00 caught me off guard. Probably this fall it will be over 95.00. I doubt if too many will get a second cutting. I hate to see it get this way. Cattle gonna get real cheap.

Comment

5x6 here in Missouri are running $45

Comment

$95 in Texas come December is going to be cheap.

Comment

5x5 Bales in Mills county are bringing 85 dollars.

Comment

I’m just glad I ain’t feeding any cows right now.

Comment

Only farmers and ranchers depend on mother nature to make a living. Been doing it for nearly 50 years but still love it.

Comment

I’ve seen $65 5x5 3 months ago

In 10’-11’ I payed $74-$90 for $&@% the size of sleeping bags and the beer cans and styrofoam cup were the most nutritional part.

Funny/sad when the rest of the world... even Houston is in need “please send help... it’s a tax write off” but when we are burnt up they break it off in your.....
                        Last edited by Low Fence; 07-17-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Buddy of mine has them in orange grove for $80 for a 62” bale of tifton

Comment

Going for 80.00 a bale now. Coastal. Fixing to cut again by the end of the month. Probably won't be going for this price again till fall. We got some decent rains past month but some county's out west of us didn't get jack.

Comment

We could sell 1000 rolls right now for $80 if we had it, it is crazy dry west of 35.

Comment

Working...
                              X