Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy how many hunters blame the broadhead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
    No one likes to admit when they are wrong or when they messed up. Seems to be human nature. Dont expect that to change anytime soon.
    No need for anymore responses.... You nailed it!

Comment

didn't those guys get it bad enough on their own thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
        No one likes to admit when they are wrong or when they messed up. Seems to be human nature. Dont expect that to change anytime soon.

I think a lot of times it’s like what was stated earlier on this thread or the other one. Sometimes what we think we see and actual reality are two different things. May have nothing to do with admitting to anything. It all happens so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          Actually yes.... Tightest groups out of anything I've ever fired from .45 caliber Specialty Pistols. So accuracy is the reason for my switch....never did I blame anything on a bad shot. I would feel that if one braodhead was more accurate than another, then that would be a very good reason to make a switch... correct? Your point seems kinda like apples to oranges....
          Not to me but maybe I am seeing it differently. If a ballistic implodes on impact or brodhead fails to open or opens mid flight how is that different from a shooters perspective?
          In regards to some not “owning” a poor shot I believe its mental for the most part and what they believe in there head. I have been guilty but I think the difference is with an arrow there are multiple variables. Distance, angle, reaction of the animal. You see the knock and believe that’s the entry point when reality is it could be totally different related to angle and not creating near the damage of a bullet and probably much more unlikely to be found. Which leads to needing an explanation.. easy one is the broad head when reality is the majority were just a poorly placed shot. I agree with you but I think there are just way more variables with a bow.

Comment

I really did see a broadhead fail.
            It was a slick trick that a fellow shot through both lungs of a fallow deer on my place a few years ago.
            I watched the deer go 100 yards and lay down.
            30 minutes later it was still picking its head up and the hunter tried to slip in and get another arrow in it.
            It jumped up and ran like it had never been shot. 4 hours later I was able to kill it with a rifle.
            When we cleaned it the arrow had passed through both lungs.

It was a mind boggling thing.

I posted this not to bash slick tricks but as an example that sometimes things just happen.

Comment

this is TBH, the land where nobody has ever lost a fight and every shot is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                Not to me but maybe I am seeing it differently. If a ballistic implodes on impact or brodhead fails to open or opens mid flight how is that different from a shooters perspective?
                In regards to some not “owning” a poor shot I believe its mental for the most part and what they believe in there head. I have been guilty but I think the difference is with an arrow there are multiple variables. Distance, angle, reaction of the animal. You see the knock and believe that’s the entry point when reality is it could be totally different related to angle and not creating near the damage of a bullet and probably much more unlikely to be found. Which leads to needing an explanation.. easy one is the broad head when reality is the majority were just a poorly placed shot. I agree with you but I think there are just way more variables with a bow.
                Good points.....some I didn't consider. Thanks for remaining respectful and explaining.

Comment

When I don’t win in that gun raffle, I’m gonna blame the drawer... [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                    When I don’t win in that gun raffle, I’m gonna blame the drawer... [emoji16]

Judge Mueller! LOL

Comment

Well, when you have people that shoot mid body and think it’s the “pump station”, you’re bound to have these sorts of threads continue to be posted.

Comment

Judge Mueller! LOL

Oh hell, I better stay on good terms with that fella. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          I really did see a broadhead fail.
                          It was a slick trick that a fellow shot through both lungs of a fallow deer on my place a few years ago.
                          I watched the deer go 100 yards and lay down.
                          30 minutes later it was still picking its head up and the hunter tried to slip in and get another arrow in it.
                          It jumped up and ran like it had never been shot. 4 hours later I was able to kill it with a rifle.
                          When we cleaned it the arrow had passed through both lungs.

It was a mind boggling thing.

I posted this not to bash slick tricks but as an example that sometimes things just happen.
                          I had a similar experience with a whitetail but just credited that deer with an extra will to live. The broadhead punched a hole through both lungs. Can't ask for it to do more than that.

Comment

I don't have a dog in the fight not being an archer, just find the whole deal funny. As posted above, no different with gun guys at all. I'm a firearms instructor and know full-well the deal when officers bring me an "off" gun. Probably 5% of the time it's the gun and 95% the shooter's error.
                            This whole thread is just for smiles..... No better place to hang out on the net than the GS...even with bad broadheads...
                            Agree instructor for 25 years. When I took a weapon and it performs . User error most times

Comment

Another factor would be tuning of any projectile, precision machine and having a basic understanding of the applied science. 2nd and 3rd axis. Tuning. Applies to guns and bows. If you know your machine you probably have a good idea of how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyTX View Post
                                I think a lot of times it’s like what was stated earlier on this thread or the other one. Sometimes what we think we see and actual reality are two different things. May have nothing to do with admitting to anything. It all happens so fast.
                                ^^^^^^^^This is it right here.^^^^^^^^

October the 22nd I shot the biggest buck I’ve ever laid eyes on. I actually shot him twice. The 1st shot was a heart shot at 27yrds, but he was after a doe. He came right back at me, at 10yrds I shot him again. At the time I would have put money, a lot of money that it was a lethal shot. What to me looked like a shot right behind the shoulder, a double lung shot, turned out to be a shot straight through the hind quarter!!

Just for the record he was shot with Rage Hypo��������

I’m not a fan of any broadhead either. I shoot what I got. Or what’s on clearance.
                                Last edited by Black-N-Red; 10-30-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X