Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy how many hunters blame the broadhead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy how many hunters blame the broadhead...

I'm a gun hunter 100%.... Only thing I have ever killed with a bow was a raccoon and an armadillo and that was YEARS ago with a recurve.

I'm an active member of the GS because frankly it is the best hunting forum on the planet period.... I enjoy reading all the stories, live hunts, poking back and forth, and just being part of all that the GS is and offers. That being said, I have seen a LOT of blaming the broadhead posts the last few weeks. So many "perfect" shots robbed from hunters by vindictive and defective broadheads that they will NEVER use again. LMAO!!!

We all pull shots.... If you haven't then you aren't hunting enough. Just realize how silly it makes you seem when you don't have the sand to say, "I made a sub-par shot..."

Respect to all those that call it like it is and laughs to those who look for something else to blame.

Carry on....

100% correct! Always that way for alot. Broadhead, bullet, shotshell ,gun etc. Never the loose nut behind the weapon. Lol!

Comment

Yep. Hunt long enough with a bow and you will likely lose an animal. I rarely chime in on the "I blame the broadhead" threads. It's usually a dog pile from one side or the other. There is the "you made a bad shot" crowd and "yep, those BH suck!" crowd. To be fair, there is also the encouraging few that try to give some honest input on how to improve and move on from losing an animal.

Comment

If a hunter is using a mechanical broad head there is always a slim outside chance it wont deploy and/or work properly....but very slim. If you shoot an animal with a rifle or an arrow and dont kill it........... IT IS YOUR FAULT !!!!!!! Not the bullet or the broad head. Heck, I know a guy that killed a whitetailed deer with a field point. Its all about shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
          To be fair, there is also the encouraging few that try to give some honest input on how to improve and move on from losing an animal.
          Thank God for those folks...listening to some of the fault finding crowd would make some people give up. I'd much prefer someone who hunts with a bow to give constructive criticism and advice than for a blowhard to chime in just to "hear" themselves "talk"

JMO

Comment

Lots of new bowhunters. Its a learning experience. Nothing wrong with trying to find something you're confident in. If it were easy, gun hunters would be doing it. I've seen the same thing about bullets on this site also.

Comment

So then why switch to “Underwood out of the big bore calibers”? Does it really matter? Do they shoot differntly?
              I generally agree with you and a huge percentage are probably poor shot placement but everyone has had a bed experience be it a mechanical opening mid flight or not at all ,a fixed with a poor blood trail or a ballistic disintegrating on impact. I guess my point is it hard to say someone sounds silly with so many variables.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                Thank God for those folks...listening to some of the fault finding crowd would make some people give up. I'd much prefer someone who hunts with a bow to give constructive criticism and advice than for a blowhard to chime in just to "hear" themselves "talk"

JMO
                Isn't that 85% of what goes on here these days?
                I tend to stay out of the BH mech/fixed convo's also. I know what I like and what works for me. And sifting through the popcorn comments wears me thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Lots of new bowhunters. Its a learning experience. Nothing wrong with trying to find something you're confident in. If it were easy, gun hunters would be doing it. I've seen the same thing about bullets on this site also.
                  I haven't lost a deer with my Mathews yet! Did get me a Prime recently though............

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    So then why switch to “Underwood out of the big bore calibers”? Does it really matter? Do they shoot differntly?
                    Actually yes.... Tightest groups out of anything I've ever fired from .45 caliber Specialty Pistols. So accuracy is the reason for my switch....never did I blame anything on a bad shot. I would feel that if one braodhead was more accurate than another, then that would be a very good reason to make a switch... correct? Your point seems kinda like apples to oranges....

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      Isn't that 85% of what goes on here these days?
                      I tend to stay out of the BH mech/fixed convo's also. I know what I like and what works for me. And sifting through the popcorn comments wears me thin.
                      I made a post the other night on the latest crazy one, trying to calm it down...I gave up and edited it and told them to have at it it's sometimes amusing, but usually ends up headed down the wrong trail very quickly

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        I'm a gun hunter 100%.... Only thing I have ever killed with a bow was a raccoon and an armadillo and that was YEARS ago with a recurve.

I'm an active member of the GS because frankly it is the best hunting forum on the planet period.... I enjoy reading all the stories, live hunts, poking back and forth, and just being part of all that the GS is and offers. That being said, I have seen a LOT of blaming the broadhead posts the last few weeks. So many "perfect" shots robbed from hunters by vindictive and defective broadheads that they will NEVER use again. LMAO!!!

We all pull shots.... If you haven't then you aren't hunting enough. Just realize how silly it makes you seem when you don't have the sand to say, "I made a sub-par shot..."

Respect to all those that call it like it is and laughs to those who look for something else to blame.

Carry on....
                        No different than a bullet or caliber debate. Marginal shots have a better chance with so and so bullet, or so and so caliber.

Carry on....

Comment

Anyone else ever been in an active broadhead blame situation? One where the guy swears they made a perfect shot and you trail the deer for 400 yards before backing out. They spend all evening blaming the broadhead, and you go out the next morning and find the deer. Turns out they center punched the deer and that "perfect shot" was actually a liver shot, and the only reason you found the deer is because the broadhead did its job and left a blood trail big enough to follow for 600 yards. Hunted with some new guys last year and had 2 of those type situations the same weekend!

Comment

No one likes to admit when they are wrong or when they messed up. Seems to be human nature. Dont expect that to change anytime soon.

Comment

I don't have a dog in the fight not being an archer, just find the whole deal funny. As posted above, no different with gun guys at all. I'm a firearms instructor and know full-well the deal when officers bring me an "off" gun. Probably 5% of the time it's the gun and 95% the shooter's error.
                              This whole thread is just for smiles..... No better place to hang out on the net than the GS...even with bad broadheads...

Comment

Working...
                              X