X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by barnag View Post
      How often do y'all catch non target animals (hawks, coons, buzzards etc etc)?

And are there any ways to prevent this?
      In a perfect world I'm only trying to catch fawn killers (bobcats/coyotes)
      You won't catch Hawks and buzzards if you'll keep bait and hair hidden from them. Coons and such are sometimes just a byproduct, they walk the same trails and eat the same foods so you can't keep them all out, you minimize somewhat with pan tension, trap distance from attractant etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
        You won't catch Hawks and buzzards if you'll keep bait and hair hidden from them. Coons and such are sometimes just a byproduct, they walk the same trails and eat the same foods so you can't keep them all out, you minimize somewhat with pan tension, trap distance from attractant etc.
        What's ideal trap distance from hole?

Comment

That is almost a trappers preference hahahh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That depends on who you ask and what your trying to catch and what type of set/attractor your using.

Comment

It's a regular family reunion on here.

Comment

Sure is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol seems like it hahahha

Comment

That depends on who you ask and what your trying to catch and what type of set/attractor your using.

you and others on this board.
                    coyotes.
                    dirt hole set/predator bait & lure

Comment

Myself, I set the pan about 9" back and 3" to the right from the lip of the dirt hole for coyote.......but that not a hard and fast rule, just a basic starting point.

Comment

Getting most guys to give a " it's this way and no other way" answer is about the same as getting a direct answer from a politician, every set has its own variables.

Comment

I'll attest to that. Tex4k can catch an I do but we each do things a lil different. Is one way better then the other? Well no because if it works leave it alone right.
                          But on dort holes I do put my trap back further an I don't offset it much. I may need to because I ain't catching much in my dort holes. But I'm hammering them on my flat sets.

Comment

Another good cat today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                              I'll attest to that. Tex4k can catch an I do but we each do things a lil different. Is one way better then the other? Well no because if it works leave it alone right.
                              But on dort holes I do put my trap back further an I don't offset it much. I may need to because I ain't catching much in my dort holes. But I'm hammering them on my flat sets.

What is the difference in a flat set vs a dirt hole set?

Comment

How do you adjust pan tension?

Comment

Working...
                                X