Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    Care to share his name
    QUOTE=BTLowry;13432851]Think I paid $10 for the recipe from smoking meats forum, included sauce recipe and a second rub recipe
    Guy makes a living off of selling, don't figure I should share it

Brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder, paprika, and kosher salt are in it though

Everyone I have served it to likes it, $10 well spent
    [/QUOTE]

These are the master formulas, complete with full instructions, for making Jeff's rubs and mouth-watering barbecue sauce. Buy now. Download instantly. Jeff’s Original Rub Sweet with just a touch of spice, perfectly balanced and great on everything but really shines on pork and chicken. This rub is all about building ba

Looks like price went up, use SM25 to get 25% off. Tad over $14 with code

Comment

4.5hrs in I peeked

Was looking pretty good

Comment

In for results. I have hhad a large bge for four years that I won at a golf tournament. I've used sparingly maybe 10-15 times. Going to do ribs and chicken tomorrow. Never attempted a brisket.

Comment

Where did you get the great deal

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I made my own temp controller for under $50. I wouldn’t spend $239 for one.

Comment

Got ribs on mine now. Throwing some venison sausage and chicken on later.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                  I was wondering the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                    Craigslist

Paid about 1/3 of what all the stuff added up to if you had to buy it

Guess nobody thought to try a local area code instead of the one listed that was 1 digit off and in Canada

I think the only "deal" on a new one is to get one that was used for an eggfest at a discount

Stalled at 158 but I cranked the heat up a little and it is going again

Comment

I have a Visions, which is not the BGE, but is pretty well made. I have been learning to use it and it has been great so far. I am about to fire it up for some steaks. I am amazed at how well it maintains the temp and how little charcoal it uses. I plan on doing a brisket soon as well. Yesterday I did some chicken quarters. I have found that if I completely cut off the air, it will maintain about 200 degrees for a couple of hours.

Comment

I bought a bge xl last weekend, did steaks the first night and came out great.. did a brisket Sunday but I'm glad it was a test run cause it came out bad.. I didn't plan for enough time so I had to pull it earl and didn't have any rest time for it.. ribs came out good though..

Comment

Mine is also a Vision and I overtempt it one and burned up the gasket. Replaced it with a good one from Amazon and it really holds temp good now. Seldom use the temp controller anymore.

Comment

Dinner. No more monster shrimp. Not much flavor and a bit tough. Blaze helped a lot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good Johnny

After 13hrs it finally reached temp

Had to finish in the oven, all the charcoal burnt up before it finished

Resting it now, will let it cool after it spends some time in the warm oven and heat up and cut tomorrow evening. Finished too late to eat tonight, but I figured it would and planned accordingly

Going to make Smart's beans and a potatoe salad to go with it

Comment

No pics it did not happen...

Comment

Working...
                                X