Wife wants to move to CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    Throw fly fishing in the summer into that mix and it's all the reason to go! I wish I would have got more serious about it before we had a kid. Because I would love to live in the mountains. Hopefully one day....

Right there with ya! I could live all year off wild game and fish with the only expense being a license. I kinda already do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if u have any mags over ten rounds better sell them

Comment

Had a buddy and his wife jumped up and moved there after visiting on a summer vacation. Sold their home here, bought one up there. Sold it in March and lost close to $75,000 in the deal. They said "how in the he## do people live with all of this snow and cold?"!! That was an expensive vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
          if u have any mags over ten rounds better sell them
          That’s not exactly true. You can get grandfathered if you owned them before July ‘13!!!

Comment

[emoji102]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              Houses are crazy expensive here. And yes any of the mountain towns are great, and yes they can be snobs ( just like rich people everywhere ) . As far as us not liking Texasans, I think it's the same every where. I know when we go down there, when they see our plates, or know where we are from, some ( a lot) are not so friendly. There are not many native Coloradans left here, so I don't think that's a big thing. Traffic and life are very fast paced here in the city and suburbs. If you want ( need) to stay close to the city, evergreen, conifer, Bailey, are close and in the mountains. But you should at least visit here in the winter, it gets cold, and snows, sometimes a lot. If you want to stay more in the foot hills you may look at, frank town, castle rock, Elizabeth, Parker areas. And **** I don't know where the guys that say ugly women are all that live here hang out, because there are A LOT of drop dead gorgeous women here, and i mean a lot of them. ( your married and that shouldn't matter any way, but the eye candy is here, believe me). Yea weed is legal, and as long as alcohol is, I think it should be to. Not every body's a " stoner" just like down there and every where, not every body that drinks is an alcoholic. It's really not a bad place to live. A lot to do summer and winter.
              I’m moving there next June. I can’t wait due to the preference for residence license and more tags, about 5x more bighorn tags.

So far what I’m seeing is the homes are about 25% more than Houston area, except for rual land. I’ve been looking northwest of Pueblo and price per ac is a lot less than most of the Texas places we were seeing.

We’re looking at Cherry Creek, Parker, Franktown and Centennial. The biggest problem we’re having is the schools, not exactly sure how they work, vouchers? I’m laughing at some of the comments on being a liberal state. Out of say 10 districts maybe 3 are blue and the rest are red. Anyone that’s been in the military knows the crap that Texans get, that’s why we all knew each other.

Critter, I’d like to buy you a beer or whatever your choice is, next month to talk hunting.

Comment

I left Tx for Co almost 4 years ago... wish I had done it 10 years ago. Live between Denver and Colorado Springs, but work in Denver. Looking forward to being a little further out in the mountains and doing less work in the next 5-10 years... maybe sooner. Stay away from Denver and Pueblo. Colorado Springs reminds me of Ft Worth from a laid back perspective. Anywhere on the western slope is good. Get ready for the house prices... that said, property taxes are way less, so I got a lot more for the money (in my opinion). I have a place outside of Colorado Springs about 45 minutes into the mountains - it is amazing out there.

My advice, do it now!

Comment

If you don't do it you will always regret and wonder. I don't do cold and to me fish swim in salt water so I could never live that far from fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                    And some ugly women. I told my buddies before we started hunting every year in Colorado. They didn't believe me. Every year we hit the Texas border and they start looking in cars. They believe me now. BTW I was born in Colorado Springs
                    Instead of putting on fat to stay warm they should try to wear a coat.

Comment

Working...
                    X