No announcement yet.

1st amendment rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That allah stuff will get you put in one of those sensitivity classes every time.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
      Don't disagree with you. But rights and work are often not congruent. Probably couldn't call your boss a dumb **** either, even if he is.
      Well... you CAN... but you can't dodge repercusions of that if you do

Comment

His house- his rules.
        Your house- your rules.

Comment

1st protects you from the government. You still can can and display what you want. You just may be without a job. Your employer can do what they want to a certain degree.

Comment

i say you take that design and get it printed on a t shirt then wear it to work

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
              1st amendment states the government cant stop your freedom of speech. My employer has the right to have different rules on their property just like I can have different rules in my house.
              Right ! It baffles me that most folks think freedom of speech entitles them to say anything they want. It does not ! The first amendment deals with government suppression of free speech, not anything in the private sector. If you don't believe this, just shout "bomb" on an airplane, or any public place for that matter.

Comment

Take your clip board home and move on IMO or change employment.
                Last edited by tps7742; 12-13-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Unfortunately this is another case where liberalism and their PC religion has caused detriment to the country. It has turned a whole lot of our society into poor weak sissies who get offended at every little thing. These same folks have no problem ruining other people's lives for the fun of it
                  And-------if they are not offended they will make up something nobody ever heard of.
                  I vow to never be PC even on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Right ! It baffles me that most folks think freedom of speech entitles them to say anything they want. It does not ! The first amendment deals with government suppression of free speech, not anything in the private sector. If you don't believe this, just shout "bomb" on an airplane, or any public place for that matter.

But if you start a statement "with all do respect" then you can say whatever you want. Ask Ricky Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you were a boss would you allow an employee to have a sticker or a t-shirt that said "fu** the police"?

I agree it's petty bull**** to be offended over a sticker but like it's already been said, his house, his rules.

Comment

If I where your boss it would be less about offensiveness and more about professionalism. Keep that crap out of the work place, espically if you rely on the income and can't afford to be fired. Even if your boss agrees with you its not professional to have that there. It seems to me you got it and took it to work to get a rise out of some one or to be controversial and now that you have its coming back to bite you. Kinda like the saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

The image doesn't offend me but I think being professional at work is important. What if a muslem client came in and walked away from you our company for it?

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                          Yours is not a first amendment case. The first amendment addresses the government not being able to control what you say. Your employer can set whatever rules he wants, and if you choose not to abide by them, he can can you. I know it doesn't seem right, but that's the way it is.
                          well said

Comment

1st amendment rant

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                            Yours is not a first amendment case. The first amendment addresses the government not being able to control what you say. Your employer can set whatever rules he wants, and if you choose not to abide by them, he can can you. I know it doesn't seem right, but that's the way it is.

Exactly.... it never ceases to amaze me how many folks (especially liberals) misquote or misconstrue the First Ammendment. This is purely protection from the government. You won't go to jail but you can be subject to any other consequences of your actions.

Comment

It's both a message and an image intended to be inflammatory. It's working!

Comment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yup, don't see anything about your company or mine in the first amendment.

Comment

Working...
                                X