Let's talk tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk tractors

I am in the market for a new tractor. I'd like to be in the 100hp range with FEL, 4x4 and enclosed cab. It will be used on ranch for various chores. I'd like to learn more or hear personal experience with one. I am open to all brands but the Mahindra is on my radar.

John Deere
    Kubota
    Massy Ferguson
    Case
    Mahindra
    Kioti

Mahindra, Massey Ferguson and Kioti all seem to be at a lower price point than the others i listed. Are these machines dependable? Any known issues? I believe in buy once/ cry once but if I can save a little money that would be nice

I would look at best dealer support, other than that all the same in my book although I would lean Kubota

Comment

Having issues with our mahindra dealer right now. Three month waiting list for repairs and such. We asked if we could be put on the list and was told no, have to drop it and leave it. Not a option for us so we just called a independent field mechanic and he got us going.

Don't know how to get around this issue. Dealership may be good when you buy then go to crap later on...

Maybe buy used, and just factor in a on call field mechanic when you break down...

They seem to just about all the same to me as far as make.

Comment

I don't think you could go wrong with Mahindra, heard many good reports on them. I like the Kubota myself. John Deere way high on parts, equipment, etc. etc.

Comment

Went thru same thing a few years ago and bought a kubota, friend of my late Dad is a Mahindra dealer. I often pass thru a town that has a kubota and Mahindra dealer. Guys at Kubota dealer talked about having customers on a waiting list. Friend of mine just ordered a new kubota and waited almost 2 months for it. Passing by Mahindra dealer, their lot has a lot of tractors. Yes Mahindra is lower priced and they sell a lot, but I would really research their engines.

Comment

I have a jd 5100m series. It's amazing. Ac needed repairs around the 700 hr mark. Otherwise no issues. I plant around 100 acres yr with it and use for any and every chore you can think of around the ranch. There are 7 different jd dealers bw 30 and 90 mi of the ranch. I'd give the green machine a close look.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by JBJTX81; 12-08-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I think I would look used. Late model. Internet is full of em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Massey have gotten good reviews from what I have seen and New Holland a bit more so than Case (although pretty much the same)

I think with the NH it comes down to dealers selling more small tractors and having better service for them

Kubota is always popular and definitely services the smaller tractors well a lot are happy with Kioti, but say they are not as refined as the Kubota...I think for some the price is less of an issue so they like Kubota for others even if they have it they might not want to spend it and it is a "tractor" so Kioti delivers for the price

I have seen with some of the major brands if you live in an area that has a lot of large scale agriculture you will get poor sales and service on smaller equipment while if you live in the world of the 30/40 acre "ranchette" and the dealer has not sold a combine or picker/stripper in forever or a 200hp tractor in years well you will generally get good sales and service

Comment

We have orange and green. Love both.

Friend has a Mahindra and has been fighting hydraulic leaks for years. Dealer support has been weak at best for him.

Comment

Describe “various chores?” 100 HP?

Comment

Just bought 3 John Deere tractors for the farm a 7230 premium, 6603, 6403. I love the 6603 tractors they are bulletproof, hard to find also in great condition. Here’s a pic, they are around 100hp. Paid 27,500.00 for this one
                      Attached Files

Comment

Premium 7230 pre def IVT transmission 130hp, my favorite tractor
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dealer support. If you buy a mahindra and the closest dealer is 3hrs away it is really hard to get any kind of work done or parts in. I have 3 John Deere dealers within 30 minutes and a really good one (the one I use the most) 1 hr away. That is why I buy Deere.

Comment

I don’t know if deliveries have improved but the John Deere and Kubota dealers near me did not have any tractors in stock a month ago

Comment

I've got JD, 5100 tractor, 650 H dozer, and 310 G backhoe
                              Two older Masseys with Perkins engines(bullet Proof)
                              one 48 yr old International industrial tractor that keeps on going

Buy a JD or Kubota and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X