Skunks under Conex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunks under Conex

How do you get rid of skunks that took residence under the Conex.

I never see them during the day and most of the time it's not a problem. Other times the perfume is thick in the air.

Mothballs usually keep just about anything away from stuff

Comment

Live trap is what I'd do.

Comment

Live trap with cat food or sardines.

Comment

Make sure to tie a rope to trap first........

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
            Make sure to tie a rope to trap first........
            This^^^^ hahaha
            Man I have heard of the peppermint oil, moth balls, and snake away not sure how affective they are. I over heard a guy saying at sunset or sunrise he tossed foggers under a sea container to run them out then welded metal up over the gaps on the ends used for loaders and said it worked.

Comment

That stinks

Comment

I had the same problem with skunks. We put gravel all the way around the bottom, but the skunks dug a hole to get back under on one end.

We set traps next to the holes and trapped two of them. We covered the holes with gravel again but they came back and dug open the hole again.

We put moth balls in the hole (see pic) and then put chicken wire down and covered it with gravel again. I think the problem is solved.
                Attached Files

Comment

If it's close enough for a water hose flood them out. Cap their wet little furry azzs when they make a run for it.

Comment

Close up every edge leaving enough space to stick a couple of traffic flares under there then close that up. Burns up all the oxygen and they just go to sleep. Works on armadillo holes too.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      Close up every edge leaving enough space to stick a couple of traffic flares under there then close that up. Burns up all the oxygen and they just go to sleep. Works on armadillo holes too.
                      Going to be smelly after that?

In the country I would go with live trap and a long rope in a stiff wind.
                      Caught one in a DP this week.

Comment

You can pick a skink up by the tail and he can’t spray you .

Comment

Trap facing hole, bread with peanut butter, 30 ft rope tied to cage.
                          Once caught drag cage away from your area blast in face with shot gun. Let sit till you get home. Empty cage and repeat.
                          Caught 7 in 7 nights.

Comment

You could try pouring Pine Sol mop water (clean or dirty) around the base. The smell burns their noses and keeps them away. Once they find another place to stay, they will not likely come back.

It works very well with armadillos - until it rains. The rain dilutes it.

Comment

Gas them out. Hook a hose up to a lawnmower or take your car and put a hose in your exhaust with engine running other end in hole. They will eventually come out. Shoot them with a .22

Comment

Working...
                              X