Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you be upset if this happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you be upset if this happened to you?

Ok, so i'm upset about something .... i bought a gun and the seller shipped it to me . when i received it it had large dents in the stock from the rear sight bouncing on it in shipping , the two halves of the gun were shipped with no padding in between them. the seller's excuse was that they didn't ship it themselves because they were sick , so i assume a family member did.

he offered a refund and return on the gun or $25 off...
    I don't want to return the gun , but i also think that $25 is a crap offer.
    those are deep dings with wood missing in places...see pic

This was supposed to be a gift for my nephew... as his first rifle.

Now i'm definitely not giving him that one ... i'll just use it as a golf cart snake gun or something.

Also, the guy has not replied to me at all and never refunded the money after I said ok to the $25...it's been almost a week, so the $25 refund seems to also be a raw deal....

i paid $200 for the gun, and i really don't think i can get that back out of it in that condition ... not that i want to sell it , it's kinda neat little rifle but....

it's kinda like buying a car and when you pick it up , there is a ding in it that wasn't there before .... you still want the car , but you're bummed it doesn't look as good as expected ....

it's bugging me !!!
    Attached Files

Hmm. I'd be bummed for sure. Put a wet washrag over the dents and dings and rub an iron over the rag. That will get most if not all of the dents and dings out. As for the finish, someone else might be able to help with that.

Comment

I would have returned it and found another one.

Comment

That would frustrate me too. Worst case, lightly sand down that whole side evenly and then stain and seal it again. Doesnt help with your frustration but it should help with the dents

Comment

I think you might be able to fix it up for around $25

Comment

Get a replacement stock?

Comment

What kind of gun is it?

Comment

I don't think that $25 refund on a $200 gun is a crap offer. I'm also thinking that he offered a full refund which was really cool and fair. You chose to keep it anyway because you still like it that much so winner winner if you can get it fixed up with the advice given. Good luck

Comment

thanks for the replies on how to try to take the dings out , i'll give that a try ... if it does not , it maybe time for a sticker of some sort , or a paint job .... like i said i'm more upset than anything ... it's not a $2k shotgun or anything .... i found a stock for $95 ... but that's just crazy on a $200 gun to begin with ....

Comment

I wouldn't be upset at the seller. He gave you the choice to return it. You still want it so it's not a bad deal if he gives you the $25. Now if he doesn't come through on that end then I would be upset.

Comment

Teach the nephew to fix it. Pull out what you can, fill the rest, sand, stain and clearcoat. Lots of good skills there and some great memories for you two. And give him the $25 to spend at academy. Winning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i would have sent it back

Comment

Over a $200 gun no I would not be upset. $500+ gun yes I'd be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                            I don't think that $25 refund on a $200 gun is a crap offer. I'm also thinking that he offered a full refund which was really cool and fair. You chose to keep it anyway because you still like it that much so winner winner if you can get it fixed up with the advice given. Good luck
                            $25 i agreed on and he never sent ? ... i can see sending the whole gun back and never seeing my money back either ... pretty hard to trust someone considering what has already happened.

Comment

It would suk but for a $200 gun I don't see it as that big a deal. If it were a $1200 gun I might be a tad upset.
                              I sold a bow recently at a discount, agreed o ship it on my dime. Turns out a 1.5 lb long bow cost $48 to ship. Just another life lesson

Comment

Working...
                              X