Snake bite victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Anyone see the show 'Bitten' or something to that affect??

They were showing pics and stories (last night) of real bad snake bites, along with a brown recluse....thought I was going to loose my dinner.

My young son said he's not sure he wants to go back out to the ranch after seeing that guys arm split up the side to heal after the dummy got hit by the rattler.

I DVR this show "I was bitten"... I have always been afraid of the rattle bug, but now I am really afraid of them. They can do some damage!!!

Comment

Been bitten uncountable times(I used to raise snakes). Luckily the only bad snake I got hit by was a dry bite (still hurt like hell)

Worst bite was an 11 1/2 foot python I used to own...... got me in the arm and left 14 teeth that had to be removed with vise grips! OOOOOOUUCH!
      Last edited by DrenalinJunkie; 07-22-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Black widow about four weeks ago. Very painful for about a week.

Comment

Yup, twice, buy puffed adders. My fault both times. When rock climbing you can't always see where to place your hands. We were still low enough to be in "snake country."

Comment

when i was a kid i used to catch what we called "coach whips" but they were actually a type of racer, any how they were known to have bad attitudes and my mom told me i couldnt keep any more of them so i stashed one in a homemade box out at the back of our property....well one day i went to show it to a buddy and it got out....in the process of getting it back in the box, it struck and hit one fang on my finger and one on my thumb....to us kids, the only snake to have fangs was a rattlesnake (kinda like most TBH'ers think all snakes are rattlesnakes) so all my friends wanted me to call my parents so they could get me to the ER...well i weighed the options and it was either face my mothers wrath for not letting the snake go or falling over dead from a rattlesnake bite so i chose death......i just remember sitting on the steps of our front porch with about 5 of my friends staring at me to see if i died...lol.....i dont guess mom ever found out about me keeping the snake
            Last edited by flufster; 07-22-2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Yes and it hurts as well as surprises you. Nasty little things....Now I'm older and wiser and I stay away from them if possible.

Comment

Well flufster, dad gum it, finish the dang story! Did you die or not?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkusmc View Post
                  lol...some say just brain dead

Comment

Twice. First one was by a rat snake that got his teeth stuck in my hand when he bit. Then they wouldn't let me pry him off until they took a picture. Once by a water moccasin in the river. Dry bite, but hurt really bad.

Comment

Only twice. Once when I was very young and catching a snake I had never seen before ()luckily it wasn't poisinious) and once feeding a king snake I had as a pet. He was just starting to molt and he couldn't see too good through the lids.

I've always been very careful when handling poisionous snakes...but I know that at any time I could wind up on the wrong side.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkusmc View Post
                        Now that's just down right funny there

Comment

Yes once in South Texas buzz tail hit the top of my snake boot. He died and I always have my snake boots on if I am hunting.

Comment

No sir - ain't never been bit and don't intend to get bit either. Wouldn't matter if it was poisonous or not - I'd die of severe diarrhea anyway!

Trailboss

Comment

Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                                No sir - ain't never been bit and don't intend to get bit either. Wouldn't matter if it was poisonous or not - I'd die of severe diarrhea anyway!

Trailboss

Comment

Working...
                                X