Mods for a tree climber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods for a tree climber

Looking to make a few mods to my summit viper sd just wondering what everyone else has done. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added mollie back packing straps, and two straps, one each side that connect the upper to the lower. When set, since them down and it is steady as a rock. Also added a bow holder that allows you to climb with it in place. Great little climber.

Most pics dropped due to Photobucket, but you can see the molly straps. I did mine like the one photo editor but with tree wires to the bottom.

Comment

First take those BS pads off and replace with 3/4" pvc insulation and wrap in gorilla tape Front and arms. Packs together better with zero noise and keeps release, rangefinder etc from bumping "non covered" area

Buy the upgraded summit straps and connection tether that are scrunchy

If you take quiver off, mount extra bracket to side of upper for quick access
      Attached Files

Comment

I removed the backpack straps on mine and carry it by strapping it to the outside of my pack, I put an extra QR bracket for my quiver, replaced the foot strap with a piece of bungee cord so it's out of the way once you're up, permanently mounted a retractable gun/bow rope so I don't have to untangle it, added click-type buckles for the upper-lower safety strap, and tethered a metal clip to the top of the platform that lets me hold the cable pin open while I'm mounting it to the tree so I don't need 3 hands.

All together it totally simplifies the hassle of using it, I can go from packed to climbing in 5 minutes. I also have no loose crap hanging off it anywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X