Facebook Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Ok I read it again and they still are not congruent.

suggesting private business be asked to install special batteries so that the gift can keep tabs of its citizens while in the same breath stating you are for less fed encroachment isn't just incongruent, it's contradictory
    I never said anything about required reporting to feds. I said record the information and share as needed. The battery thing... yea, not a well considered comment. Feds would inevitably be involved in enforcement.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I've changed my position after thinking about it. I think by doing nothing Facebook IS doing the right thing. Millions of videos are broadcast daily and a handful of illegal situations, well violent illegal situations have been published.

Regulation won't stop folks from killing and raping, but it may prevent the crucial evidence of being recorded on servers that can be subpoenaed.

It's similar to calling for stricter gun laws when high profile shootings occur

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
      As far as social media goes, I think those horses have already bolted from the stable and there is really no point in shutting the door now. If you take FB live down, I'm sure something else will be right there to take it's spot, if it isn't already. More moderators to police the site? Sure, it will get it taken down quicker, but wont keep it from happening. FB didn't kill this innocent man, nor did the gun he used, nor did the car he was driving or the girl that dumped him. It was another crazy person with zero conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
        I never said anything about required reporting to feds. I said record the information and share as needed. The battery thing... yea, not a well considered comment. Feds would inevitably be involved in enforcement.

Who do you think is going to compel private businesses to install 2nd batteries, the battery fairy? That's federal government encroachment

Comment

Who do you think is going to compel private businesses to install 2nd batteries, the battery fairy? That's federal government encroachment
          You really have reading comprehension issues friend.

Comment

I was typing the same thing...in this post.... right ...here...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly, I don't think you even comprehend what you type.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                As far as social media goes, I think those horses have already bolted from the stable and there is really no point in shutting the door now. If you take FB live down, I'm sure something else will be right there to take it's spot, if it isn't already. More moderators to police the site? Sure, it will get it taken down quicker, but wont keep it from happening. FB didn't kill this innocent man, nor did the gun he used, nor did the car he was driving or the girl that dumped him. It was another crazy person with zero conscience.
                ^^^ This.

Comment

Alright, so explain it to me like I am a 3rd grader.

You want someone to ask phone manufacturers to add a 2nd tamper proof battery to phones. Who do you want to ask phone manufacturers to do this?

Comment

Alright, so explain it to me like I am a 3rd grader.

You want someone to ask phone manufacturers to add a 2nd tamper proof battery to phones. Who do you want to ask phone manufacturers to do this?
                    Excellent question. Id rather the most powerful entity in the world address this issue with manufacturers: the consumer. We have the power to shutter companies and sway global prices. But, we rarely exercise this power.

My wishlist item: to have smart phones and social media age limited. For some reason we allow teenagers the power to create child **** and influence others to suicide, murder while simultaneously restricting their alcohol consumption, tobacco use, and not allowing them to vote. Pretty ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      The answer exists but doubt by anyone on TBH.......definitely not me. I am definitely not giving up ANY more LIBERTY for perceived safety......seen that BS before with the Patriot Act! With this event being HOT at the moment I understand and agree with your concern. But remember, this is when the gubment decides to strike........when emotions are raw. Just a thought as my prayers for healing go out to a family and a nation that had to deal with such a idiot.
                      X2

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Honestly, I don't think you even comprehend what you type.
                        Hahaha

Comment

The concept is simple: You tell people what is appropriate usage of the service and then you police this policy through a reporting process. Similar to TBH, if you see an infraction, report it and they will review whether to remove it or not. Given the number of FB users, there is no way they can review every submission as it is occuring. Even now, if some guy wants to post a picture of his wanker, it'll be there until someone reports it.

As for a delay, well then it ain't live now is it?

I am not for anyone tracking my activities any more than they already have the capability to do already. Not sure why anybody would advocate adding more tracking options???

As someone else noted, guns don't kill people and FB Live doesn't kill people: people kill people.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                            The concept is simple: You tell people what is appropriate usage of the service and then you police this policy through a reporting process. Similar to TBH, if you see an infraction, report it and they will review whether to remove it or not. Given the number of FB users, there is no way they can review every submission as it is occuring. Even now, if some guy wants to post a picture of his wanker, it'll be there until someone reports it.

I am not for anyone tracking my activities any more than they already have the capability to do already. Not sure why anybody would advocate adding more tracking options???

As someone else noted, guns don't kill people and FB Live doesn't kill people: people kill people.

Agreed. It is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              Agreed. It is that simple.
                              x3

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post

Reported.

Comment

Working...
                                X