The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning,

I am joining a group of hunters in Mexico this year and it will be my first year to hunt Mexico. We will be on a lease near the Guerrero area.

Anyone on here hunt in that area?

Comment

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
      Morning,

I am joining a group of hunters in Mexico this year and it will be my first year to hunt Mexico. We will be on a lease near the Guerrero area.

Anyone on here hunt in that area?
      What State?

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
        What State?

Oops...

Coahuila

Comment

Oops...

Coahuila
          Some guys will chime in for that area. Good luck this season[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oops...

Coahuila

I'm a lot farther south but that's a good area. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys.

Any advice or contacts on local feed stores or other necessities in the area would be appreciated!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Any advice or contacts on local feed stores or other necessities in the area would be appreciated!
                I'm not far from Guerrero just south on Hwy 2. Happy to help in any way. Which ranch are you on. I cross and get most supplies including protein and corn in Piedras.

Comment

Im not even sure of the name of the ranch. SOme other lease members have been handling all of that. I know we are trying to plan a trip down there during May. I am excited to check it out.

Comment

Im not even sure of the name of the ranch. SOme other lease members have been handling all of that. I know we are trying to plan a trip down there during May. I am excited to check it out.

Great area

Comment

We are getting off our lease in the Sabinas/Nueva Rosita area. We have been on it 2 seasons. Outstanding scenery, fun hunting, nice 3/3 house, and a first class family owns the ranch. Ranch owner speaks English and lives in Nueva Rosita.

24,000 acres / 5 guys / Ranch is asking $2500/gun.($12500) Ranch would want 1 group. Past 2nd checkpoint (you will need to get vehicle permit/visa).

Our group was 5 guys, 3 of them being quail hunters, and the quail population took a dive last season, so we are not interested renewing. Deer hunting was good in 2015, but slow last year.

Myself and the other deer hunter are joining another lease near Guerrero, Coah. this season w/ some friends, so will not be renewing.

As the ranch owner is now a friend, I would like to see the ranch to go to a good group. I have no financial gain in posting this - but would pass along the ranch owners contact information to an interested party.

The deer I killed in 2015 was a 157''. In 2 years, I made a total of 4 deer hunting trips to the ranch, and two other river trips. The river, and scenery are spectacular. Lots of turkeys, javi’s, lion sightings are common, and in 2015 it had a billion quail.

Two or three cowboy families live on the ranch, and will cook/clean, and help out as needed. The ranch will deliver corn/food/ice etc. to the ranch as requested.

The ranch has about 12 existing blinds and feeders, some of which are nice 12foot towers.

As anyone who is familiar w/ the Sabinas country will tell you, the deer numbers are much lower densities than are found around the border. Certainly the case here, but our 2015 hunts averaged 10 deer/sit. Last year it was very green, and we probably averaged 5/sit on our two trips down. We live in FW and only make a couple trips/year.

Here are some photos – I do have more. Again – I don’t have any financial gain in this and am not representing the ranch in any way. After passing along the contact, any negotiations, or arranging visits would be between you and the ranch owner.

This should be a good summary - but PM me for more info.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a great place!

Comment

Hell of a opratunity for someone. You can't ask for a better place to start a protein program with low deer numbers. You would get alot better results than the high deer numbers we deal with along the border

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Love that part of the country. Hunted in that area a long time.

What's the name of the ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                              Love that part of the country. Hunted in that area a long time.

What's the name of the ranch?

Rancho Agua Linda -
                              It's about 20 miles west of Rosita on the Rio Sabinas.

Comment

Good to see this thread. That ranch looks fun to me too. Good owner is half the battle

Comment

Working...
                                X