Giant Turkey Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Turkey Down

This monster tom has been giving me fits all year. I have shot him twice this year, both times dead center in the chest only to watch him run off like nothing had happened. I guess the third time was the charm. I waited for a broadside shot and aimed for right where his wings meet his body. I didn't take any LDP since it was pouring rain and freezing cold, but he had a 11.5" beard and 1.5" spurs. When I cleaned him, his breast was full of scar tissue and blood clots from the previous shots. These are tough animals.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9nf...ature=youtu.be

I can't figure out how to embed the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieMark View Post
      I can't figure out how to embed the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      http://youtu.be/M9nfnAkF6vw

Comment

LOL i can't make it work either sorry

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Giant Turkey Down

A turkeys vitals are a lot lower then what most people think, a breast shot is not the ideal shot to take on a turkey

Congrats on sealing the deal

Comment

Nice one, looked like there were a few big ones on the property.

Comment

Congrats on a nice Tom!

Comment

You center punched that dude!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

How about some pics of this bird! Good work!

Comment

Working...
                      X