Sportsmen's Devotional 3/17/2016 Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsmen's Devotional 3/17/2016 Thursday

Today's Photograph . . . . Might Teach Someone To Love The Outdoors (MQ)
    Bible Study Verses
    Leviticus 10:10-11
    "So that you can distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean, and so you can teach the Israelites all the decrees the Lord has given them through Moses."
    (NIV)

Thoughts
    My five year old son was sitting in my lap as I gently paddled the boat up to the cypress trees. His tiny hands gripped the fiberglass pan fish pole along with my right hand. We gently dropped the bream hook baited with fresh cricket next to the tree and then I had the privilege of watching him wrestle in a big bluegill.

As grandpa would say, "Ain't nothin' like it!" I had done this with each of my three sons. It gave me great joy to give them a helping hand and teach them something as wonderful as the sport of fishing.
    (Brian H)

Action Point
    As I grow older, I see the dire need for mentors. Everyone needs a mentor at some point in their life. Those people might provide valuable hands-on work experience to you, might teach you to love the outdoors, or any other number of things.

I've had a number of mentors in my life. They've taught me so many things and I am so thankful to them and for them. It's important that we take the time to mentor and teach those younger than us especially when it comes to spiritual matters. Gently nudge those younger ones toward salvation.

Once they know Jesus, teach them the things of God one by one. Then smile and watch them as they take someone under their wing and become a mentor themselves. As the Lord said to Aaron, "Teach the Israelites My ways." I believe the message to us is, "Teach the children My ways." Be a mentor and teach the younger generation the good ways of God.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
    Many churches sponsor father/son or father/daughter weekends in the outdoors. Volunteer to take a child that doesn't have a father with you. Be a "stand-in" dad. It can change their life and yours too.

Amen to this brother.

Comment

So true. Thanks Tim.

Comment

Great truth, thanks!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
          X