Long Range Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Range Broadhead

This is not to start a debate about what people think an ethical distance to shoot is or not. It is solely to see what equipment is working for people.

I am wanting to see what broadhead your shooting for long range shots.
    I'm talking about 80+ yards. In the past I have had great luck with the Magnus Stinger out to about 100 yards. One bow I have will not shoot them very well and I would like to see what others are shooting.

Slick trick standard flies great up to 80, which is as far as I've shot it.

Comment

Ramcats.

Comment

I've only tried slick trick mags out to 80yd. They seem to fly good out of my set up

Comment

I would shoot a cut on contact broadhead, pick your poison at that point.

I killed a pronghorn at 64 with a rage but don't think I'd do it again. I am switching to COC broadheads for that reason.

Comment

The right arrow and a tuned by. Any head.

We shoot to 65 or so with no problems with Zwickey delta heads.

Comment

Ive shot Grim Reapers out to 85 with no problems

Comment

NAP Killzone

Comment

A tuned bow and a good broadhead will work however far you want to shoot them. I have killed a P&Y antelope at 91 yards, a cow elk at 60 yards, a Corsican ram at 71 yards and a Merriam turkey at 81 yards all with slow bows and Thunderheads many, many years ago.

Comment

I use Wac Em Tritons and Slick Tricks for longer distance. Saw a study a guy did on long distance broadheads and both scored well.

Comment

Took an elk at 65 yds,turkey at 75 & an antelope at 70 with my tried and true 100gr. Thunderheads!

Comment

Not trying to insult anyone here, you know better than anyone else what your effective range is. I just wonder what the kill/wound/miss ratio is on shots beyond 60 yards. From watching too much bowhunting TV, I'd say that it is unacceptably high for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Not trying to insult anyone here, you know better than anyone else what your effective range is. I just wonder what the kill/wound/miss ratio is on shots beyond 60 yards. From watching too much bowhunting TV, I'd say that it is unacceptably high for me.

Let's not go down that rabbit hole. I've been on my fair share of tracking jobs of 20 yards or less from poor shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            Depends on the shooter. I can shoot better at 40 than one of my buddies shoots at 20.

Comment

These broadheads on a properly tuned arrow will fly true as far as the bow will shoot. These will not plane off like some 2 blade heads will and they are as aerodynamic as one can find.

Comment

Working...
                              X