Question on extending arrow length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on extending arrow length

So there are some gold tip 35/55 arrows in the classifieds that are 25" long. Can I effectively extend the length of them using weighted inserts, or knock bushings, etc to get them out to 27" so that I can use them with my Bobbcatt recurve. I'm shooting 35/55 now and have been happy with them so far.

I have no experience in this area and my main concern is that I will not be able to tune them well after I get them to the length I need.

I'm wide open for comments.......

Sorry buddy, I think once they're cut they are cut. if you have a 25 inch draw you can add weight to the tip to weaken the spine and use the gold tip tuning weights to add weight to the rear to stiffen the spine.. But if you need the length for draw length I don't know of a way to extend them.

I have seen arrows that screw together in the center but I don't know how those are made or how well the work. Good luck sir!

Jon

Comment

I have some Gold Tip nock bushings at home but I think they are 1/2" maybe 1" long tops.

I think you are gonna have more trouble than its worth. And if you're only talking a dozen or so arrows when you buy more arrows they are going to behave differently.

Comment

If you need 2", you are pretty much out of luck!

Bisch

Comment

I knew it would be a stretch, but I wanted to hear what y'all had to say anyway.

Thanks.

Comment

NO go.

Comment

Why can't the carbons be footed with an oversized aluminum shaft to get the length you need?

Comment

Working...
              X