Gold Tip Kinetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Tip Kinetics

Are these pretty good? I need another dozen and was thinking of changing from old 7595's to these in a 300 spine. Torn between these GTs and VAP's.

Kinetics are good arrows, but I've seen some of the Kinetic inserts that weren't straight.
    You're gonna be hard pressed to get a better arrow than the GT 7595.

Comment

I have the GT XTHunters in 55/75 and these arrows shoot great outta my setup,these are the first GT's I have owned but won't be the last...

Comment

After shooting the Easton ACC's for many years (but bought at dealer cost) and when i could not longer buy at dealer cost, i went with the GT XT Hunters at 75/95 and have not looked back. Tough arrow and shoot great, even as underspined as I have them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Tough arrow and shoot great, even as underspined as I have them right now.
          75/95 underspined.......My Gawd !!!

Comment

It is, shooting them cut to 28" and at 70#'s with a total weight of 560 grains, but with 150 grains added up front with rear insert weights. 150 grains of rear insert weights and a 100 grain head makes for 250 grains in the front. 19% FOC.

Comment

My 75/95's are constantly tearing paper suggesting that arrows are underspined at 29" draw, 72 lbs, with 100 gr. tips. I would like to try the stiffer 300 arrows is the only reason I am jumping ship on my 75/95's that I have shot for years.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                My 75/95's are constantly tearing paper suggesting that arrows are underspined at 29" draw, 72 lbs, with 100 gr. tips. I would like to try the stiffer 300 arrows is the only reason I am jumping ship on my 75/95's that I have shot for years.
                I don't know what bow you're shooting, but with a 29" draw-length, your arrow should be around 27.5 inches long, and with a 100 grain tip, I'd have to see it myself before I believed you are underspined with a 75/95.
                Could be a different issue causing you poor paper tears.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  I don't know what bow you're shooting, but with a 29" draw-length, your arrow should be around 27.5 inches long, and with a 100 grain tip, I'd have to see it myself before I believed you are underspined with a 75/95.
                  Could be a different issue causing you poor paper tears.
                  Why do you think his arrows should be 27.5 long. I cut my arrows at my draw lenth. That way I never pull my broadhead in past my hand.

Comment

Another great GT is:

The Velocities. I have been shooting them for a couple of years now and they are tough and shoot great. Just saying.

Comment

Are these pretty good? I need another dozen and was thinking of changing from old 7595's to these in a 300 spine. Torn between these GTs and VAP's.
                      I shoot the gt kinetic. I like the arrow, but the inserts are not the best. I have had several break. Usually they break about a 1/8 to 1/4 down inside the shaft making the arrow no good. I believe the easton hit inserts will work, but I have not tried this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                        Why do you think his arrows should be 27.5 long. I cut my arrows at my draw lenth. That way I never pull my broadhead in past my hand.
                        I know you know some of this.
                        AMO DL is True Draw + 1 3/4", +/- 1/4". This is for standardization.
                        Most rests have a 1" overdraw, so if I cut the arrow to the True draw of the bow, I'll have at least 1" over the rest.
                        It doesn't matter if the Draw Length is accurate on the bow, as long as you cut the arrow the true draw of the bow.
                        If your bow's DL is accurate, the true draw of a 29" DL bow is 27 1/4", and this is what I cut arrows for an accurate 29 inch DL bow.
                        With 1" past the rest, I feel this is safe with today's rests.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          I know you know some of this.
                          AMO DL is True Draw + 1 3/4", +/- 1/4". This is for standardization.
                          Most rests have a 1" overdraw, so if I cut the arrow to the True draw of the bow, I'll have at least 1" over the rest.
                          It doesn't matter if the Draw Length is accurate on the bow, as long as you cut the arrow the true draw of the bow.
                          If your bow's DL is accurate, the true draw of a 29" DL bow is 27 1/4", and this is what I cut arrows for an accurate 29 inch DL bow.
                          With 1" past the rest, I feel this is safe with today's rests.
                          Thanks

Comment

I have my arrows cut at 29 1/4" from carbon to carbon. Draw length is 29" and with QAD rest mounted on Drenalin, the arrow is flush with front of riser as I don't want a broad head behind my hand. I have adjusted down to 65 lbs and shot bullet holes which leads me to believe under spines arrow is the culprit. Any other advise would be appreciated.

Comment

I have my arrows cut at 29 1/4" from carbon to carbon. Draw length is 29" and with QAD rest mounted on Drenalin, the arrow is flush with front of riser as I don't want a broad head behind my hand. I have adjusted down to 65 lbs and shot bullet holes which leads me to believe under spines arrow is the culprit. Any other advise would be appreciated.
                              I'm guessing your wanting to turn back up to 70 lbs. the 300 spine should be fine. There are alot of people shooting with 75/95 at your draw lenth. You may have a tuning problem. Or grip problem. You can always make a stiff arrow tune so it want hurt either way

Mudslinger is shooting a 75/95 with a lot of weight up front and he has no problems at 29 inches. This is why I'm stating it may be a tuning/form problem and not the arrow

Comment

Working...
                              X