Road Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Feeder

i have a 200# venado road feeder that id like to make it useable on a polaris ranger. I think the 2003 would be too heavy. i need to cut it down to a 100# does anyone know how much i have to cut considering the design of the feedre itself....

I know this is too easy but... just put 100#s in the feeder and go. You got a good design with a nice fitting lid already.

Comment

Ya just short the amount so later if you need the feeder for something else you can just unmount it.
      Hank

Comment

well i was figuring to cut it because its real heavy even without corn. Its like 4 ft tall and is heavy. Im thinking too heavy for a ranger.

Comment

Probably the easiest is to fill it with 100 lbs and mark it. I know that sounds like a pain but unless you give the dimensions we can't do the math to figure out what needs to be cut back.

Hank

Comment

if you just really want to cut. what about at this red line, then you could put the lid back on.

Venado200 cut line.jpg

Comment

I say leave it alone and build a heavier duty mounting system. I'm not a Polaris fan but I would think it should be able to handle it.

Comment

I am pretty sure a Ranger could handle the weight, we pull a 17ft lowboy with our mule, and i had had buddy that used his gator to pull a 8ft seed drill, i think if they can handle the tongue weight of a trailer than it should be able to handle a feeder.

Comment

you could try to sell it and buy a smaller unit or trade for a smaller unit. My Mule handles a 100# fine...

Comment

Working...
                  X