Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something i have noticed with my last two trad deer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something i have noticed with my last two trad deer!!

I have noticed something on my last two deer with my trad gear.. Just something you guys should maybe practice.. On the last two deer they were both within 9 yards of my blind.. One doe was 6 yards and the buck i shot yesterday was 8.. The thing i noticed is on both deer when i began to draw they heard my arrow and i had to kind of pause at half draw.. this is something i have never practiced yet it has happened twice in a row when hunting.. both times i continued to slowly draw and made perfect shots, but that pause and slow draw is def something i dont practice.. just thinking this might help someone one day..

Same thing on a doe I shot last year. I really think she saw movement but in either case she busted me. I didn't slow my draw though I just kept pulling and shot. Practicing what your talking about would be a good idea for sure.

Comment

I suppose it depends on the situation, but that would probably fool with my shot sequence. Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

you might try and quiet you rest.

Comment

That is the way I shoot any way. I am a bow hunter first and a bow shooter second. My "style is to already have my bow in position, bow arm set, and draw straight back to anchor.

You might want to cut some little strips of mole skin and put one on what ever you have on your shelf. Makes a perfectly quiet draw. Change often as some grit on the mole skin can make a little sound.

Comment

I noticed this on my bows that have a tooling type leather on the shelf. I now have all my bows with either velcro(loop side), calf hair, or a soft leather. All of these are silent and I like them a lot. My longbow that I hunt with has the velcro, and soft leather on my selfbow.
            B

Comment

JT... you need to wax them Gold Tips, they're loud as they slide on a rest...

Comment

Working...
              X