Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quickly got into position and drew my bow.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the part where I'd like to say I sent one perfect arrow on its way flawlessly finding its mark, and seamlessly killing the lioness in seconds, but.......it just didn't quite happen like that!!!

Comment

Here's a view from the video just prior to the arrow making contact..... While it might look decent, unfortunately the arrow struck a little lower than planned, piercing the lion's right shoulder and leg.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff man...but the suspense is killing me!!

Comment

She quickly turned around and snapped the arrow off like a twig.
            Attached Files

Comment

I immediately grabbed another arrow as quick as humanly possible and sent it on its way. Despite the fact the lioness was moving around in the tree, I believed the arrow would find its mark. However, as she restlessly moved in the tree, I released, sending the arrow along the side of her ever so slightly cutting her open at the shoulder......I could instantly see the bright red blood spill out.

A very agitated lion after the shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Again, without hesitation I quickly knocked another arrow.
                Attached Files

Comment

This time, the arrow did perfectly find its mark. She was quartering away and the arrow entered behind the ribs continuing forward through her vitals. She let out the loudest roars you could possibly imagine while trying to maintain position in the tree.

As she jostled about, trying to locate the source of her sensation, I witnessed her life beginning to fade. The expiration of an animal is obviously the planned culmination of any hunt, but honestly speaking.....while on one hand grasping the enjoyment of the experience in such a hunt, I also encountered a slight degree of sadness observing such a respectful and magnificent animal's life coming to an end.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Despite believing she was expiring and almost past, under the direction of my PH, I released a final arrow as she lay heavily on the tree facing us.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The arrow entered on the mark as she was quartering to me. She again snapped off with her powerful jaws what remained of the arrow before falling to the ground.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The lion falling from the tree...
                        Attached Files

Comment

My PH's and I enjoying a smile at the completion of the hunt.....anybody else think this guy resembles "our local best guide in South Texas".....aka Brezina?
                          Attached Files

Comment

The hunt for my lioness....... and first animal of Africa had concluded.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL animal! Congrats on the lioness, can't wait to see what's next!

Comment

This may be the best hunting story I have ever read. Great recap and I can't wait to hear the rest. Keep it coming and congrats on a very beautiful animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X