What are the best ways to keep coon off protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the best ways to keep coon off protein

High fence surrounded by low fence. Coons are killing us right now. Tearing up corn feeders and raking mounds of protein out on the ground.

What have you guys done for trapping?

Duke coon trap!!

Comment

The only way to "keep" coons of the feeders is to manage the problem...trap and/or kill as many coons till they are not a problem.

Comment

If I only knew

Kill as many by any means necessary!

Comment

Trap and shoot is your only option.

Comment

Use the search function. Been discussed many times before.

Comment

Duke trap

Comment

search!!!

But trap is best option.

Comment

I never had success with killing / trapping. Like dipping the ocean here in La. Best bet is to coon proof your feeders then problem solved forever. There are ways depending on what type feeder you have. Send pics of your feeder and we can discuss methods.

Comment

Best way to keep them off is if they aren't there.

Comment

If we could make coon hides worth $50 each the problem would solve itself in a year or two.

I agree with the above, trapping coons is like trapping hogs, you'll see some success but will be a never ending battle.

If you can coon proof a protein feeder, I'd like to hear about it.

My other suggestion which has worked but has it's downside is to install a timer cutting off the flow of protein at night.

Comment

We have coon proofed several different models of gravity protein feeders. Cheap and easy. Send pics and I'll show what we've done.

Comment

Dog proof traps and a marlin 39.

Comment

The only way I know to control them, is to kill them...I'm going to have a coon shoot for a month on our place. Each member will put up $20 dollars and they can pick one weekend in that month and the member that kills the most on the weekend they choose will take home the money....

Comment

[ATTACH]841722[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X