RTIC Tariff Surcharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTIC Tariff Surcharge

Anyone notice that RTIC is charging this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every one affected by tariffs is charging it one way or the other. Rtic is just being blunt about it

Comment

Tariff's ain't cheap.

Yeti just hides it in their margin.

Comment

I work in welding gases and supply. Our's are right out there in the open too. Some folks hide it, some put it out in plain site. If the suppliers are paying the tariff, they are charging it to the end user. It's just business right now.

Comment

RTIC is just making more from a publicity stunt.

China has devalued their dollar. Therefore China products are costing less, add the tariff, the price is about the same.

Don’t be fooled by the news media.

Comment

Get an Orca. American made (hard side anyways). No tariff and holds ice longer than Yeti!

Comment

Get a Icehole...made in Kerrville Texas and much better looking than many of the other Mega coolers. No Tariffs. Texans going to work.

Icehole is proud to offer American-made, built-to-last-forever hard coolers, soft coolers, and a whole new line of drinkware made of stainless steel with a thick layer of powder coating color baked on to keep your Icehole looking fresh. Whatever you're drinking, be sure to keep it your Icehole.

A good read on Icehole Vs Yeti.
              When it comes to high-end coolers Yeti is a well-known brand but could Icehole be a better option? Here is our Icehole coolers vs Yeti showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                RTIC is just making more from a publicity stunt.

China has devalued their dollar. Therefore China products are costing less, add the tariff, the price is about the same.

Don’t be fooled by the news media.

IDK if that's 100% accurate. I have a friend that's in the chair business and right now he's out of the chair business because of the tariffs eat up all his profits. And he gets his chairs from China. If they would have lowered their currency so he could that he still made money, he would still be selling chairs.

I have no idea what the news media says about it on either side, only what an actual person buying and selling stuff from China told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  Get a Icehole...made in Kerrville Texas and much better looking than many of the other Mega coolers. No Tariffs. Texans going to work.

Icehole is proud to offer American-made, built-to-last-forever hard coolers, soft coolers, and a whole new line of drinkware made of stainless steel with a thick layer of powder coating color baked on to keep your Icehole looking fresh. Whatever you're drinking, be sure to keep it your Icehole.

A good read on Icehole Vs Yeti.
                  https://thecoolerbox.com/icehole-coolers-vs-yeti/
                  I agree, or stalk Costco and sam’s for a pelican on sale

Comment

Tariffs don’t go in to effect until 9/1 and 10% is speculation. I’ve seen some vendors already passing this through but it’s going to be more like 4-5% when all said and done between the currency devaluation and the incentives the Chinese govt is giving to factories and exporters. It’s a way for Rtic to pad their margins

Look at Bison who is a site sponsor. Their prices have gone way up the last couple years but it a quality product and USA made

Comment

If you're going to buy a chicom cooler get and Ozark trail. Or, for the price of a Yeti, get 3 or 4 Ozark Trails.

Comment

I’m looking for a backpack soft cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Tariff's ain't cheap.

Yeti just hides it in their margin.
                          Research and development ain’t cheap.

RTIC just bypassed it. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            Tariffs don’t go in to effect until 9/1 and 10% is speculation. I’ve seen some vendors already passing this through but it’s going to be more like 4-5% when all said and done between the currency devaluation and the incentives the Chinese govt is giving to factories and exporters. It’s a way for Rtic to pad their margins

Look at Bison who is a site sponsor. Their prices have gone way up the last couple years but it a quality product and USA made
                            Sorry but lots of inaccurate info on this thread. There are massive tariffs in place already. The 10% is just for literally the remainder of all other products not already covered by the existing tariffs. The existing tariffs are putting small businesses on their asses. I could type up more but playing with my son. I’ll post later tonight.

The currency devaluation is literally from 6.7 to 7 rmb. That doesn’t even cover a 0.5%

Comment

It’s going to happen

Comment

Working...
                              X